Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 01:59 AM

Default 50NL Please remind me how to play

OK I haven't been playing in a while, only a few small buyin headsup SNG's, so I'm probably in HU mode.
This guy BTN is the reason I like this table, he helped me build my stack, he's lagish 66/31/1.5 over maybe 90, taking money from everyone but me, he has shown respect to me not getting out of line and I'm playing him with caution, often checking behind to keep the pot small instead of value betting tons. SB is tight, 18/5 or something, I want his stack so I call PF. Further silly action from button is normal for him, could be anything, I hope something good.

Great flop, SB bet out near pot, nice! I call thinking there might be fireworks behind me, nope I was wrong.

Hated the turn, and damn SB and I are a bit deep, I want him to fold so bad and he doesn't comply, no raise at least which means he's less likely to have a hand that beats me, probably he has something like pair + draw, SB took a while to call so he doesn't worry me much, likely he has AA or AK here and decided not to fold.

River I can't do anything for SB, if he has AA good for him, but BTN is still there, value bet all in good? He'll probably pay me with a bunch of hands that I beat.

Comments? Thank you.

Party Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.25/$0.50 Blinds
5 Players
LegoPoker HH Converter

SB: $58.73
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $109.64</font>
UTG: $43.00
CO: $59.20
BTN: $102.41

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $1</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $3</font>, Hero calls $2.50, <font color="red">BTN raises to $5</font>, SB calls $2, Hero calls $2

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($15) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $14</font>, Hero calls $14, BTN calls $14

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($57) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $40</font>, BTN calls $40, SB calls all-in for $39.73

<font color="black">River:</font> ($176.73) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players - 1 All-In)
<font color="red">Hero bets all-in for $50.64</font>...
Old 05-10-2007, 02:14 AM

Default Re: 50NL Please remind me how to play

Meh. I understand why you just called on the flop but I still think I raise here, this flop is wet, and not one where your raise is going to scare off anything this villain has. If button is 4betting preflop, even as a maniac, he's got to have a fairly narrow range. KQ, AJ+, TT+, whatever, the hands that connected with this flop aren't going to fold, and the hands that didn't aren't going to give you much more value. Do you really think he'll squeeze TT/JJ/QQ/AJ/AQ facing a pot and a call in a 4bet pot? I'm guessing no, you might get him to call, but I still think raising is optimal.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:21 AM

I'd raise on the flop so u can stack off on a good turn
Old 05-10-2007, 03:01 AM

TY I needed to hear that, really looks like I'm going to stack somebody here, I should not try to get them both at once, at least I'm somewhat glad my actions were not that awful.