Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2007, 09:34 PM

Default kinda standard river spot

villain is bad but has the right general idea how to play. im pretty sure hes bustoing his account playing this high bc i played him at 10/20 recently. hes been typing random characters and hitting enter a bunch after every pot he loses

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $50/$100
2 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">SB raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (11BB, 2 players)
Hero

b3b or cr. i cr always here but im not sure if im losing value or not
Old 05-09-2007, 09:37 PM

Default Re: kinda standard river spot

bet3bet. It sounds like he is tilting and will probably raise/call with hands like A8, AK, A2, and might cap a smaller set.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:03 PM

I feel he is going to be extra showdown monkeyish so may just call your river bet but will always bet and call a raise so I think the CR is the safe good play here.

-DeathDonkey
Old 05-10-2007, 07:20 AM

b3b because that way if he hates his hand you at least get 1 bet out of him. If he wants to put money in on the river he's going to whether you b3b or c/r, but if he wants to check behind, you will force him to pay at least 1 big bet.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:14 PM

I would virtually always C/R here against the guy as you describe. Based on the read you provide, I'd be convinced that I get 2 bets via a C/R almost always and am not able to B3B enough to make it more attractive than the C/R. Tilting dudes playing above their limits have lotsa bravado on the turn in a blind battle with a FD flop, but tend, in my experience, to "sober up" a bit when you're still firing on the river after any real draws don't come through.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:38 PM

ya i c/r here.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:51 AM

Leading into someone who capped the turn looks so strong that he will just call too often for me not to CR this river.
Old 05-12-2007, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Leading into someone who capped the turn looks so strong that he will just call too often for me not to CR this river.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

Also, you could always be a good guy and ck/call this river. He's obviously having a rough go of it. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2007, 08:26 PM

one thing i didnt see mentioned is that he can be doing some horrible cap for free showdown with like 85 of hearts
Old 05-13-2007, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
one thing i didnt see mentioned is that he can be doing some horrible cap for free showdown with like 85 of hearts

[/ QUOTE ]

geh- this was the exactt type of hand that stuck out in my mind, since peopel go apeshit on the turn when tilting sometimes.

its close, but IMO a Cr makes the most sense since altho hes checkin behind with anything thats not 2pair+, i think hes either whiffed a monkely-played draw or has a hand he has to bet on river, since he wont think twice about beating a2 here on tilt in an aggro match.