Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2007, 02:55 PM

Default World Poker Exchange - 100% Rakeback

I've been playing on World Poker Exchange for the past 6 months and have gotten over $11,000 in rakeback..

My question is, why doesnt everyone (especically limit players) play here? My only conclusions are:

1. Lack of advertising
2. WPEX Players are feared since many people realize how tight/solid most of them play
3. The "its too good to be true" mindset many people have regarding 100% rakeback

Let me know what you guys think.
Does anyone have a better answer for me?
Old 05-09-2007, 03:51 PM

Default Re: World Poker Exchange - 100% Rakeback

the game selection is tiny and the games that run are filled with solid players for the most part.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:55 PM

The endless spammy threads that popped up again and again in the zoo didn't help.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:06 AM

Also WPEX went through a period where its software was truly terrible, booted people constantly. I'm pretty sure this turned people off and probably many never went back.

Also they don't run guaranteed tournaments, WSOP satellite tournaments or similar promotions, which are a key thing that attact fish.

Also they don't allow HUDs.

The game section isn't great for sure, I'm sure this is ultimately the key factor, though it's kind of a chicken and egg thing. There are quite a lot of good players though (and a number of bad ones) - I wouldn't call them solid, but there are a lot of weird aggro types that can be difficult to adjust to. It's good practice though and makes you think, and it's difficult to lose money with the rakeback.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:55 PM

Why do they even collect rake if they are just going to give it all back? Like why not just have it like any other site but w/o rake involved all together?
Old 05-10-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do they even collect rake if they are just going to give it all back? Like why not just have it like any other site but w/o rake involved all together?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are skins on their network that do not give any rakeback. Also it is a great marketing ploy when you actually see how much you got back by it getting transfered once a week.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

2. WPEX Players are feared since many people realize how tight/solid most of them play

[/ QUOTE ]

This is it for me. I play 3/6 limit but I can't even get to 0 bb/100 right now on FT and absolute so I don't want to get my ass handed to me playing there. I may try when I start to get better at easier sites but not until then.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Interest genius.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:03 PM

I download the software and site looks ok and I did see some guaranteed tourneys, but cashout seems sketchy or else I would be there. I'm not excited about international draft as the only option.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I download the software and site looks ok and I did see some guaranteed tourneys, but cashout seems sketchy or else I would be there. I'm not excited about international draft as the only option.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been waiting 6 weeks for a check from them too. It was deducted from my account just about s month ago and they keep saying it is in the mail.