Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2007, 07:37 AM

Default Official review thread, Bond18 Stars 100r 4th

So i know i've been lazy about these, but i've actually been going out in Shanghai and enjoying life a little, hopefully do more soon. Anyway i havn't submitted one yet but finally have a decent and WORKING hand history to make this happen with. Heres yesterdays 100r 4th, the final hand and A6cc have been discussed in detail.

http://www.pokerxfactor.com/HA60373/100r%20FT/8550
Old 05-09-2007, 08:34 AM

Default Re: Official review thread, Bond18 Stars 100r 4th

[ QUOTE ]
i've actually been going out in Shanghai and enjoying life a little

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm jealous.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm jealous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a weird feeling. I actually found some really cool places to hang out though, and even in the expensive parts in town its still cheaper than US prices.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm jealous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a weird feeling. I actually found some really cool places to hang out though, and even in the expensive parts in town I don't care because I have tons of money.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-09-2007, 10:31 AM

A6cc hand, i think w/o antees and his large 3-bet size he's not folding and ur not looking too good vs. his range.

134 - i'd fold pf probably, and if i call i definitely peel flop for that small bet.

153 - i'd open that.

155 - is this a standard flop shove? i'd think if he's not slowplaying pf he's got you beat on that flop pretty often.

202 - i think this is a marginal raise even though you've been tight because of the co/btn stacks and the wacky SB.

208 - i just open shove unless u think sb is restealing so wide that it's more profitable to raise/call KJ than to open shove. i'm not sure which it is but up until now i was under the impression open shoving was better.

229 - i probably open this.

246 - seems like a massively large leak to complete this.

258 - i think this is well played.

286 - right after you show down jacks and this guy has been active, i think this is a decent spot to 3-bet him.

301 - i would bet/get all in on flop blind vs blind with two hearts and potential straight draws. too easy for him to get out of line with a smaller pair, weaker ace, weak draw etc. would u check AK here? how about a set?

307 - with your stack i open this for sure.

340 - were you going to get ai vs pbr had he restolen?

349 - again, calling a resteal vs pbr?

358 - lol donkaments.

360 - even though this final table wasn't top tier players like some of the 109r ft's, there were still some good players, and i think metagame is relevant enough that you would never raise/fold 20k here(i think so at least) that you should just open jam the queens since no one was resteal happy behind you and imo you will get looked up lighter shoving than raising to 20k.

365 - seems like a decent resteal spot especially given he had 67hh his range is probably decently wide. haven't really been paying attention to him though so i'm not sure how frequently/rarely he was opening pots in lp.

372 - i definitely open jam given bb's stack assuming sb isn't a maniac restealer, which it seems he isn't. although bb did resteal with no fe earlier against you so i guess i like this more than the qq open on the short stack.

385 - is this a good open shove? i think it's pretty marginal esp cause with ur stack position is less important than showdown value cause ur open shove fe isn't very high.

393 - my opinion is definitely not as valuable as some others on here, but i would push this too. big stack seemed to be getting out of your way and 67ss isn't the worst hand to have in terms of equity vs. a calling range. prob like 32-39% if i had to guesstimate.

overall some of these might be nitty/preference suggestions on my part but i agreed(obv) with most of your plays throughout. i think you played well and congrats on somewhat breaking out of your 109r cold run sir, hopefully more ft's in the near future too.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:09 AM

134 - i'd fold pf probably, and if i call i definitely peel flop for that small bet.

Not sure about pre flop? Does it go fold>raise>call? I really have no clue.

153 - i'd open that.

Yea, i probably should. I hadn't opened all that much.

155 - is this a standard flop shove? i'd think if he's not slowplaying pf he's got you beat on that flop pretty often.

IDK, this is a [censored] up hand. Like, should i just check fold this flop? Then again he was pretty terrible and A might freak him but god he's so commited.

202 - i think this is a marginal raise even though you've been tight because of the co/btn stacks and the wacky SB.

I had been super tight forever, wanted to maintain some level of activity, but ur right stacks wise its not great.

208 - i just open shove unless u think sb is restealing so wide that it's more profitable to raise/call KJ than to open shove. i'm not sure which it is but up until now i was under the impression open shoving was better.

For some reason i want to say i had a reason for doing this cause i remember thinking over my options pre. I want to say SB restole real light on some guy in my notes, but i can't be sure. Shoving may still be better.

229 - i probably open this.

I do sometimes.

246 - seems like a massively large leak to complete this.

Ah, this limp was super situational specific. The open limper 'ibetiwin' had limped and then shoved his entire stack on the flop on numerous occasions. I knew if i could hit a big flop, it was VERY possible he stacked off right into me. As you see, he jammed this flop.

258 - i think this is well played.

Yea, i'm a little stuck playing it this way and this guy is a spewer. If i raise him he'll fold but he'll keep pissing chips on 2nd (and in this case, 3rd) pair with calls.

286 - right after you show down jacks and this guy has been active, i think this is a decent spot to 3-bet him.

I agree, and i do so love 3 betting pre in bubble situations. Though, obviously, positions aren't great.

301 - i would bet/get all in on flop blind vs blind with two hearts and potential straight draws. too easy for him to get out of line with a smaller pair, weaker ace, weak draw etc. would u check AK here? how about a set?

This hand was curious. It was on the exact bubble, so i felt he wasn't gonna spew chips into me by CRing worse hands. I also felt if i checked back he'd shoot at me with tons of stuff trying to take the pot. IDK how i feel about this though, this guy was really awful.

307 - with your stack i open this for sure.

Yea thats overly tight at start of the FT.

340 - were you going to get ai vs pbr had he restolen?

I don't know, leading up to final table he'd been super tight, but then started opening his game up. I wasn't quite sure wher he was though.

349 - again, calling a resteal vs pbr?

That would be very tough, my answer is idk.

358 - lol donkaments.

I know, wtf did he put me on?

360 - even though this final table wasn't top tier players like some of the 109r ft's, there were still some good players, and i think metagame is relevant enough that you would never raise/fold 20k here(i think so at least) that you should just open jam the queens since no one was resteal happy behind you and imo you will get looked up lighter shoving than raising to 20k.

I had picked on and tangled with superlative so much i was hoping he would come after me at some point. Instead of shooting back he called, which i kinda guess is the result we wanted?

365 - seems like a decent resteal spot especially given he had 67hh his range is probably decently wide. haven't really been paying attention to him though so i'm not sure how frequently/rarely he was opening pots in lp.

He was a bit of a station, not sure how crazy i am for resteal here.

372 - i definitely open jam given bb's stack assuming sb isn't a maniac restealer, which it seems he isn't. although bb did resteal with no fe earlier against you so i guess i like this more than the qq open on the short stack.

Yea, the 67 is why i 2.5X here.

385 - is this a good open shove? i think it's pretty marginal esp cause with ur stack position is less important than showdown value cause ur open shove fe isn't very high.

IDK, i can [censored] up his stack pretty well and i'm not sure how many shots i'll get.

393 - my opinion is definitely not as valuable as some others on here, but i would push this too. big stack seemed to be getting out of your way and 67ss isn't the worst hand to have in terms of equity vs. a calling range. prob like 32-39% if i had to guesstimate.

overall some of these might be nitty/preference suggestions on my part but i agreed(obv) with most of your plays throughout. i think you played well and congrats on somewhat breaking out of your 109r cold run sir, hopefully more ft's in the near future too.

Thanks for review chewy.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:58 AM

Skipped to hand 100.

Hand 106- River bet looks really slim. I think I like a check better as he's not that likely to show up with a T here AND call you and you split with all worse Ks.

Hand 134- I'm basically readless, but preflop is raise or fold. I'd peel the flop when he bets like that because it usually means he's got about what he had.

Everything else looks good up to hand 200. I'll try and look at the rest later.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:14 PM

These threads are great Bond, sucks that I really don't have time to look at them [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-09-2007, 11:39 PM

I just started (only realized I didnt have to pay for the site this time there). I'm shocked at how bad 3-4 of the players at the frist table are. I figured at $100 rebuy they would be much better but 4 of them outright suck. Is this typical at these stakes?

Thanks for posting this... it's going to be of great help for me likely... back I go.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just started (only realized I didnt have to pay for the site this time there). I'm shocked at how bad 3-4 of the players at the frist table are. I figured at $100 rebuy they would be much better but 4 of them outright suck. Is this typical at these stakes?

[/ QUOTE ]
There is at least 1 donk at every table bond plays at.