Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2007, 12:00 AM

Default Please help.

I need help, I need a lot of help. Mid June of last year I was ~0.9 BB/100 winner over 400,000 + hands. Since then I have played 37,000 hands of limit and lost 1130 big bets. Clearly I am about to go insane, I need someone to look over hands, help me plug some leaks and try to restore my sanity. Please help.

For those who enjoy pictures this is my last 27,000 hands.

Old 05-09-2007, 12:17 AM

Default Re: Please help.

Aren't you Victor's roommate? Right there you have access to a sick good limit poker player.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:18 AM

Your leaks probably have little to do with how you play at the table. Almost all of the situations like this I've seen have come down to site/table/game selection or not focusing when you play i.e. playing 5+ tables ect.

Focus on the things you can control. Find a way to get a little better today and then do it again tomorrow. While it seems complicated when you're losing, winning at poker is simple. Not easy, but simple. Improve, execute that improvement at the table, review
Old 05-09-2007, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Aren't you Victor's roommate? Right there you have access to a sick good limit poker player.

[/ QUOTE ]

tho, other than my own success, i want nothing more than tom to win i really cant help him all that much. its an interesting dynamic mainly from the underlying unspoken competitvenes.

regardless he knows that i would help in any way that he asks.

also, im not exactly sick good, if i was i wouldnt still be grinding mid limits.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:25 AM

"Almost all of the situations like this I've seen have come down to site/table/game selection or not focusing when you play i.e. playing 5+ tables ect."

i can say that tom has excellent game selection but imo he plays too many tables.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i can say that tom has excellent game selection but imo he plays too many tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am in your boat as well my downer ended near 2500 BB or so although WPEX is included in there. I have good game selection but I've noticed If i play more then 6 tables I make poor decisions and tilt very easily. I used to play 10 party tables on 1 crt monitor and beat games of all limits. The games have become much more difficult and its not like the old days where you could process all the hands at once. I (censored) hate min bet poker GL getting through it but I suggest you lower amount of tables it can only help
Old 05-09-2007, 12:58 AM

why not just post hands here and get a variety of opinions?
Old 05-09-2007, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why not just post hands here and get a variety of opinions?

[/ QUOTE ]

I intend to start posting hands again, but if the problem is systemic then posting hands won't pick it up. If for instance I am folding to flop donks to much when in a steal position posting individual hands won't identify it very easily, but someone looking through 100 consecutive hands might go "hmmm, seems like your folding to flop donks to much", and point me towards the problem.
Bad habits creepe into poker playing all the time, i noticed last week that i had been really opening my steal range far to much, and have been taking it back down again That steal range was creeping up from ~37% this time last year to over 42% a week ago. I developed a blind spot to it because of long success and increased comfort in steal situations. Now i'm working on bringing it back down.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Almost all of the situations like this I've seen have come down to site/table/game selection or not focusing when you play i.e. playing 5+ tables ect."

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel confident in my table/seat/site selection, and my MT ratio is 2.8 over my last 27,000 hands (although its 3.7 over my last 10,000).
Old 05-09-2007, 01:47 AM

I'd talk to the guys you play against most on your sites and pick their brains, or change sites and see if a fresh start helps out.