Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2007, 06:42 PM

Default OT - looking for someone with a big heart

Hello you guys.
I need some help.
I've played like 850 Tourneys for 6$ at Stars and my ROI is ok so far.. It's 10% right now. But obv I need some help with my 9 Player SNGs, i've played those most, and got a ROI like 6% which is really creepy for what I see those villains doing.
I think I really could do way better, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
It's disappointing, but anyway I really love playing those.
My roll is still kinda tiny, so I can't pay a lot, but I hope there is some great soul out there to take me under his wings with a little talking in icq or sth like that.
You can sharkscope me - y0d4x - and I'd love to have someone reviewing a HH or sth like that.
I will try to keep posting Hands where I wasn't sure which was the right line, and keep posting my opinion to hands of other ppl, which has improved my play a lot in the past weeks.
Heck, what can i say else...
Just add me in ICQ 218819646 if you want to help me.
I will be a padawan you can soon be proud of, shoving the lightside into any villain out there.
Sincerely, sence25
Old 05-08-2007, 07:38 PM

Default Re: OT - looking for someone with a big heart

just use this forum, post hands, read more hands, get sngpt, etc
Old 05-08-2007, 07:42 PM

I'm not sure why these threads are extremely popular in the last few days. You do all realize that this forum isn't just a great place to find a coach, it can be used as a coach itself and an amazing, and FREE, learning tool.

Use it, if nothing comes out of it then look into paid coaching.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:56 PM

Whether or not someone will add me in ICQ, I will for sure keep posting a lot of hands in the future, and I look at very many posted hands here. As I mentioned in my posting, I really get you at this is an amazing free learning tool, which gave me a lot of insight already. Though, it's difficult for me let's say to put a std 6.5 guy on a range, to see what i should push. they play very emotional,
I guess they often call just because they cant give up on their limpany2 cards, or just for to see what you shove there - a bit childish, but that's how they play.
I got sngwiz, and if i let it run over my hands, like 85%+ of my shoves are fine - _with the standard ranges_.
there comes the next problem, i don't know which ranges i should give to one of those guys.
totally unexperienced in that.
i'm aware that there were like 2 or 3 threads like this in the past few days, but i couldn't help to at least try to find someone looking over a HH, because i played like 250 breakeven lately, which can't be variance with those opponents. he does not have to be ultraskilled or sth like that, i just want someone to talk about hands and concepts for icq - the more the better, the more i talk about, the more i learn.
@Kevin8423
well, i unterstand that you are a bit hacked off by threads like this, but i thought i'd give it a shot.
i'm just a bit [censored] up, lol.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:02 PM

People still use ICQ?

IMO u should just keep reading/posting here and pump out volume. 1000 sngs doesn't mean a hell of a lot in the long run.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:02 PM

I don't mind looking for coaches, I just want people to be aware of how useful this forum is. Also, you can get way more out of posting responses in other threads (especially when you are wrong and get corrected) than you can just by reading them. Actually analyzing what you would do in the situations enough to give a response will help you a lot more than just browsing.

Good luck, hopefully this forum or a coach or whatever you choose will help you out.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:11 PM

@Theo_Brixton:
yeah, i'm german. icq is standard over here.
don't know, seems to be some intercontinental instant messenger gap.
@Kevin8423:
thank you for the kind words, i will intensify posting, and i already learned some stuff by being corrected by others for my responses.
you are totally right with your point that posting is better than just reading because you get way more into it, all learning is intensified by using "multiple ways", don't know how to say this in english right now. i hope you get me.
this thread was intended to find some additional input, not as an substitution for using this forum(substitution right here? correct me when i use the wrong words please)
Old 05-08-2007, 10:01 PM

Es scheint wie du hat erlernt viel bereits. Wie die anderen sagte, studiert das Forum. Deine Lieblingsleute hier vorwählen und anfangen, alle zu lesen, die sie schreiben. Du erlernst mit Zeit.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I got sngwiz, and if i let it run over my hands, like 85%+ of my shoves are fine - _with the standard ranges_.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep working with sngwiz and improve that 85%. Play around with opponent ranges on various hands. Figure out why the numbers change the way they do when the opponents ranges change.

Go through all your push/fold hands with sngwiz. Post hands you arent sure about when sngwiz cant give you the answer.

[ QUOTE ]
there comes the next problem, i don't know which ranges i should give to one of those guys.
totally unexperienced in that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Play more and get experienced so you learn what their likely ranges are.

Study more. Play more. Profit more.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:12 PM

pm me