Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2007, 10:40 AM

Default 5NL - 32s Family Pot Flop Squeeze

I'd rather not dig up stats on all these guys. 3 villains are loose passive and 2 villains are unknown. Table standard flop bet seems to be 15c regardless of the pot size. I'm not tilting, but I'm starting to loosen up a bit because I'm sick of losing hands like AQs<J5o against these stations. My stats are something like 24/11/2.6 for the session.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.02/$0.05 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $10.69
BB: $16.53
UTG: $6.62
MP: $1.20
CO: $5.71
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $10.34</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.05, MP calls $0.05, CO calls $0.05, Hero calls $0.05, SB calls $0.03, BB checks

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($0.30) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $0.15</font>, MP calls $0.15, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>

I know this limp kind of sucks, but what do you think of this flop play?
Old 05-08-2007, 10:49 AM

Default Re: 5NL - 32s Family Pot Flop Squeeze

Well, to get the debate going: As I said in the Standard-Thread. I don't like it. OP is drawing at the lowest flush and at the ignorant end of the straight. There is a call in an unraised pot and 4 players left to act so I think the fold equity is low. I'm not sure if I even overcall this. Probably not. That's why I don't play 32s preflop. Unless you hit trips or a made straight, you always draw at the lowest hand of the rank.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:18 AM

I think its worth an overcall because you're in position but I don't like a raise because you are turning your hand into a bluff. Unless you plan to stack off if raised here which I think is a bad idea.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:19 AM

If pf sucks then it's not by much. Plus stacking someone with 32s is hilarious.

On the face of it that looks a tasty flop but you could be drawing pretty thin here. A 4 or a 2 both help you but you can't put any serious money in if you hit one. I wouldn't be overwhelmed by getting it all in with a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] either.

I just call and see what the turn brings.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:44 PM

Fold preflop.