Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2007, 02:16 PM

Default 25NL : couple of hands and questions.

Im a decent winner at my home games ( make 4-5 buyins (40-50$) ) almost every time me and my friends play. I got this email a few weeks ago from poker4ever saying that they gave me free 10$. i logged in played 2 heads up sngs for 5 bucks each then turned the 20$ to 180$ at 25nl in 2 days(went busto yesterday [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ) i was originally planning to get together a decent bankroll to deposit in the summer after i finish uni. at fulltilit because i kinda like and it does support PT and PAhud.

One thing that really annoyed at this limit is the bet-pot ppl. they would just bet the pot at every single street every single time thus giving me bad pot odds to call for ANY flush or open ended straight... and pushing all in on these draws isnt profitable. so anyone has a solution? other than having to wait for flopping the nuts.

A couple of beats i got : id like to get feedback on , the site does not support PT so i dont hv stats on ppl nor does it have a compatible hand converter so bear with me. thx.

1) my nick is ghadghoud. results are in white.

*** Handhistory for game 15071939 ***
Blinds $0.10/$0.20 NL Hold'em - 05.05.2007 - 21:17
Murcia

Seat 5 is the button
Total number of players: 5
Seat 1: ghadghoud ( $31.17 ) - in game
Seat 2: Haway_Noo ( $38.64 ) - in game
Seat 3: lukoris ( $10 ) - Owes Big Blind - in game
Seat 4: Farhax ( $10.60 ) - in game
Seat 5: wiremen ( $81.05 ) - in game

ghadghoud posts SB $0.10.
Haway_Noo posts BB $0.20.
lukoris posts BB $0.20.
**** dealing down cards ****
Dealt to ghadghoud [ as, 9s ]
lukoris checks.
Farhax folds.
wiremen folds.
ghadghoud raises $0.70.
Haway_Noo raises $1.40.
lukoris folds.
ghadghoud calls $0.80.
**** dealing flop **** [ 2c, 5c, 9h ]
ghadghoud checks.
Haway_Noo bets $1.80.
ghadghoud calls $1.80.
**** dealing turn **** [ ad ]
ghadghoud checks.
Haway_Noo bets $2.
ghadghoud raises $4.
Haway_Noo raises $6.
ghadghoud raises $10.
Haway_Noo raises $27.24.
ghadghoud calls $13.77.

Results : <font color="white"> villain shows AA's </font>
2) *** Handhistory for game 15083945 ***
Blinds $0.10/$0.20 NL Hold'em - 06.05.2007 - 02:31
Atlixco

Seat 4 is the button
Total number of players: 5
Seat 1: TRuud ( $13.70 ) - in game
Seat 2: ChriZzZ ( $2.85 ) - in game
Seat 3: vaskeira ( $25.94 ) - in game
Seat 4: ghadghoud ( $29.55 ) - in game
Seat 5: notundelend1 ( $17.42 ) - in game
Seat 6: glennto ( New player )

notundelend1 posts SB $0.10.
TRuud posts BB $0.20.
**** dealing down cards ****
Dealt to ghadghoud [ 3s, 3d ]
ChriZzZ calls $0.20.
vaskeira raises $0.60.
glennto has joined the table
ghadghoud calls $0.60.
notundelend1 folds.
TRuud folds.
ChriZzZ calls $0.40.
**** dealing flop **** [ qd, 3h, ac ]
ChriZzZ checks.
vaskeira bets $2.10.
ghadghoud raises $4.20.
ChriZzZ folds.
vaskeira calls $2.10.
**** dealing turn **** [ 2h ]
vaskeira bets $1.40.
ghadghoud raises $4.80.
vaskeira calls $3.40.
**** dealing river **** [ 5c ]
vaskeira bets $16.34.
ghadghoud calls $16.34.

result: <font color="white"> vaskeira shows a straight, five high [ 4h, as ].
ghadghoud mucks [ 3s, 3d ].
vaskeira wins $50.18 from main pot with a straight, five high [ ac, 5c, 4h, 3h, 2h ].</font>
Old 05-07-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Re: 25NL : couple of hands and questions.

the first hand I donno what you're doing raising a draw hand.Just cuz it's an ace and you and the BB are left does not make it a huge hand. Second once it's re-raised that is an auto-fold. But since you called and flopped "Top pair" you should know in a re-raised pot you're likely dealing with some pocket pair or another. Your flop check was horrid as well as you're not even protecting your pair (your call suggests you thought you were ahead so you shoulda accordingly bet it. Had you bet there and been re-raised you might have had a better idea of how behind you were.)

Getting stacked off with A9 = horrible. No offense.

Second hand your mistake was again pre flop.I do not call 33 after a raise from EP. Maybe i'll limp with 33 in late positions to shock someone. 33 is a 2 outer hand from the start. You don't want to be calling raises with 33 hoping for 1 of those 2 remaining 3's to hit. If you are good enough of a reader to know when both players in the pot have completely missed the flop (since they're all gonna be overcards) then go ahead raise hard with 33. Otherwise leave that hand for LP limping in multiway pots to try to shock someone.

Post flop again you bet 2.10 on a 1.50(pre-rake) pot what is that? that's like saying I just want you out of this pot. The board is a rainbow, what hand are you trying to protect by overbetting?That must have confused the retard that raised UTG+1 with A4 into calling. Although a donk that raises with that hand probably is doing 0 reading on what you might have.

it's a bit impossible to get away from a set on a board like this. Unless you've been paying serious attention how can you put UTG+1 on A4.

so yes the river is a tough one and with my current skill level being tiny i'd call that river too. However you could have avoided this situation completely by having better pre-flop standards.Same goes for the first situation except there you completely mis-played the hand top to bottom no pun intended.

I wouldn't call the first one a beat. Moreso a terrible case of staring at your own cards only. The fact that Classic Moron #1212230 did the exact same thing to you on the 2nd hand and thus won because of it, is the double edged sword of the often sought fish.

PS.

I'm a rookie by all means. My analysis is primitive so use it how you like.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:22 PM

1st hand : villain was a very tight player and would betpot everytime he had a big hand. i called the preflop raise because the A9 was suited for flush value , when the 9 hit i thought id call another card , if its an ace or a 9 id probably stack him . ( i thought his preflop raising range would be : TT+ and AK ). probably getting into the hand wasnt very smart but on the turn i think if not mistaken the only hand that could beat me was AA.

2nd hand : i was in dealer position . Been with the player for 10 minutes on the tablwase he was kinda weak , plus ithought he had a decent stack so playing a pocket pair for set value against him would be worth it. I reraised the flop and not bet it. Probably got confused reading it because of the lack of a converter. (sorry)

and no offence taken , id really like any opinion i can get.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:56 PM

sorry for bumping... but anyone with anything to contribute?
Old 05-08-2007, 03:11 PM

First, welcome to the forums. You can manually convert the hands it just takes a little longer. If you really want people's input, I'd strongly advise that. It's no offense to you, but hundreds of hands get posted here a day, and people will just go to the next thread rather than fight through a raw hh.

Hand 1 I'd fold PF. Since you called I think your flop line is fine. If you bet it's a b/f, but I'd rather call his cbet and see if he has enough in him for a second barrel. Protecting your pair of nines is kinda silly imo, it's more of a wa/wb situation. I'd lead the turn after the A hits, and I'd probably be willing to get it in on the turn, fully expecting to see AK and AQ the vast majority of the time. The advice someone gave to "never stack off with A9" or whatever is just not sound. General rules like that just aren't useful. Stop making little minraises and such all the time...if you're going to make a c/r on the turn, make a real one so you can get him AI with his likely top pair.

Again, on the second hand, raise the flop like you mean it. You hit bottom set, and he very likely hit top pair or even top 2. Either he's folding to any raise, or he's probably willing to get it AI. You have to bet money to get it AI, so throw out a good size raise, at least $6 or so. At this limit he's not folding an A or better, trust me. The river is a mess, , but you should have never gotten there in that situation.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:33 PM

Should someone be playing .10/.20 with a bankroll of $180? It seems to high.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:45 PM

Hand 1: Open raising A9s preflop from the sb is totally standard, If villain is a tight player as you say I prefer folding to the reraise though as you're out of position and he's likely to have you crushed.

Hand 2: Calling the raise is very standard, you can easily call just for set value here. Your minraise on the flop is too small, raise to $7 or $8 and also raise much bigger on the turn.

I don't agree with chuckdiesel's advice, especially about a9s being a "drawing hand" - it is a clear raise blind v blind. Also 33 is not just for limping in late position to shock someone, in 6 max you can raise 33 even from under the gun and calling a raise with it when the raiser has a decent stack is fine.