Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2007, 07:41 PM

Default Poker Royale - Curious about Kristy Gazes and Kathy Liebert

Just curious, I saw a commercial for Poker Royale (or Royal) and it showed a clip of Gazes/Liebert getting into it. I missed this episode, it was a while back but I just found this board recently. What started that? Does anyone know? It looked like they were both pretty pissed.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:52 AM

Default Re: Poker Royale - Curious about Kristy Gazes and Kathy Liebert

I just vaguely remember the episode. I think it was because Kathy thought Kristy was taking too much time. I can't remember it clearly enough, although I did enjoy the absolute hatred Kristy showed towards Kathy for the rest of the series. Funny stuff.

If nobody else remembers, I could always check my tape. I don't remember which episode it was on, so it would take a while to find it.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Gazes/Liebert getting into it

[/ QUOTE ]
At first I thought you were talking about something else.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Gazes/Liebert getting into it

[/ QUOTE ]
At first I thought you were talking about something else.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2007, 07:46 AM

No joke. I mean Kathy's Kathy, and Kristy doesn't hide the fact she's a switch-hitter.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:22 PM

Please find the tape, and give me the details. I am very curious.
Thanks
Old 05-07-2007, 08:24 PM

they're both ugly so who cares
Old 05-07-2007, 11:45 PM

It was the fifth episode of the second series, Battle of the Sexes. I looked that bit up...otherwise all I remember was that Poker Royale was easily the most craptacular poker show ever to be on television, and Liebert seemed uh...not very nice.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:39 AM

Close. It's actually episode #6 that has the Liebert/Gazes grudge match. Gazes said she wants to retire soon, but I'm hoping she takes up wrestling. She's a good trash talker, has a nice rack, and looked good crushing Mercier's bones recently. She's a natural, I tell you.

Also, I find it strange that so many people hate Poker Royale. Sure, many of the episodes featured stupid celebrities, but so many of the Battle of the Sexes episodes were much more entertaining than most of the PAD episodes.

In fact, many of the PAD episodes were so boring that they should have never aired them anywhere but on the internet.

Imagine being fairly new to Texas Hold'em and you decide to watch the Championship week episodes. Most newbies would never return. PAD is actually killing tv poker. Watching Shannon Elizabeth grilling Chicken, could beat it in the ratings.

Poker Royale (even the silly Pro's vs Celebrities episodes) would be a much better poker show to hook the newbies on a major network. Fewer hands are shown and not much strategy is discussed, but at least they have more table talk (even with 3 announcers) than PAD usually does.

Poker Royale, on NBC, would still get canceled, (just like PAD will eventually be), but at least more people would be exposed to poker 5 nights a week, and most likely would enjoy it much more than PAD (even though more skillful poker is usually played on PAD).

After just finishing watching the Liebert/Gazes episode, I realize why I used to love watching poker on tv. When the players get to talk to each other, almost non-stop, the games themselves become more interesting.

It's also okay to film poker episodes and then just not air them because they're boring! Put the boring episodes only on the internet.

This way, we can eagerly await future PAD episodes on NBC and skip the boring ones shown on the internet (unless they feature our favourite players).

Even though it's very long, I'm going to post most of the Leibert/Gazes comments (later today) because the original poster is curious and I think it's funny stuff anyway.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:09 AM

Note: In episode #4 of Battle of the Sexes, Antonio Esfandiari brags that he's better with women than he is at playing poker.

Liebert says that she's seen him with lots of women. Then Antonio says Kathy won't go out with him even though he's been asking for four years. (Nice one.)

<u>Poker Royale:Battle of the Sexes-Episode #6</u>

With: Kristy Gazes, Kathy Liebert, Karina Jett, Greg Raymer,Paul Wolfe and Antonio Esfandiari.

Liebert is sitting to Jett's right and Jett is sitting to Gazes right at the end of the table.

ROUND 1: Right away, even before the first hand, Wolfe says (while looking at Jett and Gazes), "The two ladies at the end of the table are looking bubbly tonight". (Translation: Lets have a 3-way).

Then Gazes (wearing a white, very unbuttoned shirt-cue the cleavage) starts singing some childish song with swearing in it. (Ack-dak ?, bleep,bleep etc.)

After the song, Liebert says, "Oh, this is too much for me."

Jett shouts, "Oh, shut-up! Kathy, you're acting like you're all innocent, when we know you're not."

Liebert: I am, I am.

Wolfe: Dirty girl. You need a spanking, you dirty girl.

Jett: She's silent but deadly...

Antonio: She's a freak.

Gazes: She's an undercover freak.

Jett: Don't act so innocent Kathy.

(Ding-Ding) End of ROUND 1

Raymer (to Gazes): You've got a cute nose.

Gazes: Thank my doctor. (explains she had a deviated septum)

Raymer: There goes the beautiful children. (Later on, Gazes roughly says: Yeah, the kid will have a big nose.)

Antonio admits he's had a nose job too.

Wolfe: (Laughs) What did they do?...Extend it?

Antonio: No, it was even bigger before.

Jett does the Antonio magician wave. Special thanks to Raymer for asking her to do it again. She does it several more times with extra side-to-side rack-shaking moves (and even points that fact out), hypnotizing the other players. (Cheater!)

ROUND 2 (begins at about 10 minute mark of episode):

Blinds are $2,000 and $4,000; Pot= $6,000

Liebert (UTGun) folds K-7 offsuit.

Jett folds K-6 suited.

Gazes, with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] bets $8K; Pot=$14K

Antonio folds 8-4 offsuit.

Raymer folds A-4 offsuit.

Wolfe, with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] calls. Pot= $18K. Wolfe is 68% favorite.

FLOP is: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Wolfe is now 81% favorite.

Wolfe bets $13K; Pot= $31K

Here's where the fun begins. Gazes fondles her chips and thinks for 32 seconds, while Liebert looks on, disgusted that Gazes is wasting time, with most likely nothing. Kathy has the read, correct.

Liebert: 20 minute levels...Kristy. (Liebert then smiles.)

Gazes: You're telling ME? (She waves her hand) Believe me. You don't want a piece of me. Believe me.

Gazes then throws her J-9 hand away quickly, and says: "That's not a good idea...from the person (referring to Liebert) that's the slowest actor at the table."

Jett: Exactly. (early beginning of upcoming tag-team, Jett-action wrestling.)

Antonio comments that he likes the way they're going at each other.

Gazes: I hardly ever take my time. Did you see how I played the other night? I acted in 2 seconds...2 seconds.

Liebert: I only take a minute if I have a decision.

Gazes (activates Bitch mode. Run for the hills!): Oh. In other words, you automatically knew what my hand was and knew I had nothing.

Liebert: No. I'm saying you take a minute every time.

Gazes: Oh really. Thanks for sharing.

(This reminds me of how Daniel Negreanu always gets mad at Mike Matusow,when Mike correctly puts him on a nothing hand and says so, immediately after Daniel got someone else to fold and won the pot. Daniel then says something like, "Oh really. I had nothing. Fine. I had nothing. I raise... and I have nothing! Mike laughs like a madman. Then Daniel gives Mike the evil eye and pouts. I love watching those two play!!)

Antonio: Ladies...that was kind of hot. I appreciate that.

Gazes (to Liebert): You really don't want to start any of that chatter with me. Believe me. Like zero. Not a good idea.

(Ding-Ding) ROUND 2 ends... after 2 minutes of jabs and uppercuts.

Still, everybody is all smiles at the table. (The ladies are imagining some serious bitch-slapping after this is over and the men are anticipating pillow fights and hair pulling in the next round.)

Gazes says she's working on her posture. Jett says that she (herself) has bad posture and says, "I just want to keep my assets above the table." (Luckily, her low-cut top features them nicely. Got milk?)

Kennedy (the female announcer) says, "That's weird. Greg Raymer's thinking the same thing (about keeping his assets above the table).

(Don't worry, Greg. Kennedy's career is in the toilet, and you're richer than all three of the announcer's combined!)

ROUND 3 (begins at about the 14 minute mark of episode):

No hand is dealt. They now use a split screen. Liebert on the left and Gazes on the right.

Liebert (to Gazes): So how many times you've been married? (First low blow of the match. Referee, Mills Lane, deducts 1 point from Liebert's score.)

Jett: Oh my God!

Gazes: Privileged information. How many times have you? That's a question you should ask yourself. (Referee calls an illegal head-butt by Gazes. Mills Lane deducts 1 point from Gazes' score.)

Liebert: Whoa. (nervous laughter, while smiling and wincing with pain from imaginary head-butt)

Gazes: That's what I said. You don't want a piece of me. (still holding back her anger while pursing her lips together)

Liebertsmiling) What did you have for breakfast? (implying that Gazes needs to eat because she's cranky)

Gazes: I'm a very nice girl, but don't cross me.

Liebert: Don't cross you.

Gazes: No. Not a good idea.

Liebert: Am I crossing you?

Gazes: (holds her palm up and shakes it side to side) Don't...call my play...but you've done that to Bill (her ex-hubby) many times.

Liebert: Hoo-hoo. (Antonio then turns himself into an owl, for just 2 seconds-I had to use the frame by frame button, to be sure it wasn't a stuffed animal)

Gazes: I don't go for that.

Antonio (to other men): You guys getting turned on, or is it just me?

Jett: (Lets out her crazy, long, cackling laugh.)
(I love Karina's laugh! Although, it's not as funny as Kendra's laugh; from The Girls Next Door E! tv series.)

Wolfe: I'm getting a little hot.

Antonio: Just me? Cause I'm getting a little excited over here. You know. Woo hoo! They're going at it...Karina's in the middle.

Liebert: She's like, all right...let's go (clenches her fist). Let's get a boxing ring (smiling). (turns to someone off camera) You got some boxing gloves? So, after the tournaments over, let's get a boxing ring. Put on some gloves.

Gazes: You've got no chance, sweetie.

Liebert: I've got no chance?

Gazes: Boxing ring?

Liebert: How about a kick fight.

Gazes: No.

Liebertstill smiling) I can beat you in a kick fight.

Jett: Oh...

Gazes: (calmly) You can't beat me in any physical fight.

Liebert: I can't?

Gazes: No.

Liebert: Maybe not.

Jett: (nervous laugh) This has to stop right now.

Gazes: You can beat me at poker...for sure...no questions. Hands down.

Liebert: I do have a blue belt in Karate. Have you been trained in fighting?

Gazes: (now flustered and ready to snap at any moment) (waves her hand and ignores question) I've been in way more fights than you have. Just from experience alone...(I can beat you)

Antonio (to ladies): You guys going out for coffee after this?

Liebert: Yeah. I guess we are.

Antonio: Love in the air.

Wolfe: You had a nice talk.

Liebert: Yeah, I think everything worked out. I think it's all square now.

(Ding-Ding) End of ROUND 3 (at 16 minute mark of episode)...after 2 minutes of severe body blows and 1 low blow by Liebert, followed quickly by a Gazes illegal head-butt.

Two minutes later, Gazes, with A-Q offsuit, gets eliminated from the game by Jett's Pocket Jacks. They both hug (tag is made). Gazes gets up and looks calmly towards Liebert and says, "Have fun." (translation: Have fun roasting in hell. You bleepity bleep.) Then packs her stuff up, bends over, and displays some cleavage action (I lost my concentration, just momentarily).

During Gazes exit interview, she calmly rips Liebert a new one. Repeating some of the same things she said at the table to Liebert and also saying that, "Kathy started it with those smartass comments...and acts so innocent...You give it to me...I'm going to pounce on you. In verbal warfare against me, she's drawing stone cold dead.

What's amazing is that during the entire spat, Raymer never said a word. He only had a slight smile, but he was rarely shown on camera. Everything was ready to burn down around him but he just kept calm and enjoyed the show.

Now, with just 3 players left at the table:

Wolfe: (craving for some more Girls Gone Wild action) Say something bad to each other. I want to watch a little bit more of this, you two. C'mon you girls.

Liebert: I don't think that's nice. Were supposed to be playing nice together.

ROUND 4 begins:

Jett: (looking straight ahead and NOT at Kathy) Kathy, I don't understand you. You talk sh** and then someone says something back to you and you act all hurt and sensitive.

Liebert: I wasn't talking sh**.

Jett: (now looks at Kathy and holds her own hand up) Oh my God! You're just in denial. (19 minute mark)

(Ding-Ding-Ding) End of ROUND 4 and the Fight. The Gazes/Jett team win the Championship belt! Congratulations!

Shortly after, Raymer sucks out on the river (11% chance) and knocks out Liebert.

Karina Jett slowly pushes her chair away from the table and gets ready to stand and hug Kathy, but Kathy ignores her and walks right on by. ( Referee, Mills Lane, calls unsportsman-like conduct on Liebert and deducts another point from her score.) Jett stays in her chair and grins.

WINNER SPOILER: <font color="white"> Raymer (pocket Aces) knocks out Jett (Q-7 offsuit) and he wins the game. That's what I call silent, but deadly! Quietest guy at the table wins. Nicely done.</font>

Note: Anyone wanting my transcripts for Oprah or The View, just send $9.95, per transcript, to: I Have No Life Productions, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, P.O. BOX: #1LOSER (Be sure to include self-adressed stamped envelope)