Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2007, 11:17 AM

Default Nice hand to you, quiet old guy

Live. Three limpers and the CO, a quiet old guy who just sat down and is wearing a flannel shirt that has all of the authenticity that early 90s Seattle flannel lacked (not to mention his trucker hat, although I'm sure he wouldn't call it that) raises, button calls, I 3-bet Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the SB, BB scrams, one folds, two calls, CO 4-bets, button calls, I call, 6 ways, 22 SBs.

Flop is J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Checks to the CO who bets, button calls, I call, 3-ways for 12.5 BBs.

Turn is a 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] I check, CO bets, button calls, I call.

River is a 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I check, CO bets, button calls, I fold.
Old 05-06-2007, 01:46 PM

Default Re: Nice hand to you, quiet old guy

I'd call here. While you're probably losing a good deal of the time (most), I think it's even worth the overcall. The button feels like a jack to me, though if he's super passive he could have T9 or something. Who knows witht he first player; it does feel like KK or AA (or JJ), but I think he shows up with AK once in awhile to justify the call. The odds are really big. Still, fold isn't bad given read.
Old 05-06-2007, 03:24 PM

I don't think that you ahead but i don't know if you behind either. With check\calling thru the hand we didn't get enough information to know where we are. I think you should donk on the turn and then decide what to do...
Old 05-06-2007, 03:39 PM

which hand is it that caps preflop and bets all streets into a crowd that we beat?
Old 05-06-2007, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
which hand is it that caps preflop and bets all streets into a crowd that we beat?

[/ QUOTE ]
You right, there is no legit hand that we can beat. He would never do it with AKd or AQc-AJc...neah not once in 17 times...Also it has to be a really bad play to raise 3 limpers with suited broadway hand and then cap it 6 ways, right? I think we beat a lot of those...I know we not just calling one bet we are overcalling it but we gave button no reason to belive that we even have a pair...
Old 05-06-2007, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think that you ahead but i don't know if you behind either. With check\calling thru the hand we didn't get enough information to know where we are. I think you should donk on the turn and then decide what to do...

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about it but I don't think his turn call tells us very much (and he'll call with any capping hand) whereas his river bet into 2 people says a lot.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:03 PM

"his river bet into 2 people says a lot."

Yet it was a draw-rich flop that missed everything and everybody on the river. That said, I can see him having only Ad-Kd or the other two queens for you to possibly get any chips after your call the river. It's probably about as likely that the button has two pair as it is that he continues to bet Ad-Kd on the river, given your description of this guy.

I'm not a big fan of check-call, check-call, check-fold post-flop (who is?), but it seems right here.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:42 AM

I'm in the folding camp, but calling the river doesn't seem terrible.

Does anyone else think betting out on the flop is reasonable? It seems like check raising, betting out, and calling are all equally good. Am I missing something crucial that makes flat calling the best option here?
Old 05-07-2007, 02:01 AM

since the button called and you'll get to see the hand, it's a fold.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:35 PM

Definitely need a bit more betting here. I would have to pu tthe chips in on the turn, calling a raise.