Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2007, 03:31 AM

Default 200NL Live: TP facing river allin

1/2NL game, 8 players, effective stacks of about 440.

I've been playing a super tight game, although way earlier in the night I made a move in the SB w/ A8 and got lucky against JJ on the river.

Villain is a super LAG - limps almost every single pot preflop, calls most flop bets with anything even remotely close to a draw, and sometimes turn, and will make huge bets with good/great hands on the later streets when the pot is bigger.

I'm in the SB w/ K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP is a tight player who raises to 13, button calls, I call, and BB (Villain) calls.

Flop $50 (5-way): J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I check. Villain checks. MP (raiser) checks. Button checks.

Turn $50 (5-way): 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I bet $30. Villain raises to $80. MP and button fold. I call.

I thought I could take the pot down here as no one showed any strength on the flop and I could possibly represent a 10 or straight. After villain raised, I wasn't quite sure what he had, maybe the hands I was representing, or maybe some type of 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] x [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], or maybe complete bluff. Plus, if I hit, I was sure to get paid.

River $210 (2-way): K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I check. Villain immediately goes allin for about $350.

What to do??

Any street that I should play differently?
Old 05-06-2007, 03:44 AM

Default Re: 200NL Live: TP facing river allin

flop is fine
turn, I could go either way with a bet or check, but fold most of the time to the raise (unless he is a calling station). You only have 6 clean outs, and you are giving 2-1 odds. The call is only worth it if he will pay off if you hit the river.
River is easy fold.