Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2007, 08:28 PM

Default 10-20 LO8 Hand

generally a loose-passive 10-20 LO8 game w/ only a few players have a clue, none of which are in this hand.

should i jam the flop, check-raise the turn, or even fold the flop?

I'm in the BB w/ J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 7 and check w/ 6 limpers to me.

Flop 7 players (7sb)

K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

i check, and it goes bet, raise, reraise back to me. everyone else folds. i call, as do the other players.

Turn 4 players (9.5bb)
[4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

checks to raiser, who bets, we all call.

River 4 players (13.5bb)
[4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

river checks through i chop it w/ the flop 3 better who had J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

is there a slightly different scenario where folding the nut straight on the flop would be correct? if i didn't have the flush redraw(though i wasn't very confident that it was good)? or if the straight i flopped made a low possible or probable and there was significant action before it got to me? ex: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

i know these scenario's are rare, but i feel lame for not knowing what to do when they come up. thanks in advance.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:11 PM

Default Re: 10-20 LO8 Hand

You flopped the nut straight and a straight flush draw on all high board in a multiway pot. Given that, "only a few players have a clue, none of which are in this hand" is an excellent choice of phrase.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:21 PM

You've flopped the nut straight plus the second nut flush draw as well as a straight and royal flush draw. There is no low possible. I would jam this til the river, where I would have to reevaluate and most likely check/call. There is no point in considering folding this on the flop or turn since there is no low possible and you have the second nut flush draw, which either gives you a really good redraw or some protection vs the nut flush draw. If you didn't have the clubs, I may either jam or c/c depending on my opponents. If I think my opponents are thin bettors, I would favor jamming. If a low were possible, I would probably fold in the face of significant action.
Old 05-05-2007, 10:49 PM

generally with that action you are up against 1)same straight, 2) better flush draw, 3)set/twopair. in which case you are basically even money so not much point to jamming the flop. so its often better to come alive on turn to jam. but with your flush draw, a small but significant fraction of the time two of your opponents will be on sets/twopair+gutshot etc. and your flushdraw will be live and your equity jumps enormously so its worth it to jam. as played raise the turn, you want to charge them to draw, even tho the backdoor diamonds means your equity is not huge. all depends tho, as if they are bad enough to not have sets on the flop alot then by all means jam w your straight no redraw)
Old 05-06-2007, 01:24 AM

You need to raise this turn. End of story. You have the strongest hand, and playing passive with it is just going to cost you money.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:36 AM

You want to jam that flop and turn with the redraw. River not what you wanted to see - check/call there.