Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2007, 02:24 PM

Default Muddywater from Cardrunners?

I was reading his blog earlier, and came across this part. Isn't he a big winner/regular in the 10/25 games on UB? Why is he playing .50/1 PLO and taking it seriously? Or did he take a big hit recently? Now granted, he says that he just wanted to kill some time. But I really really doubt he would have killed time at 5/10 or 10/25 NL. I'm sure there's been many days in poker career where he just wanted to "kill sometime" and he probably played 10/25 NL by doing so. What do you think?

-----------------------------------------------

" donkaments
I really had nothing to do today and I wanted to play some low stakes poker and mtts for fun and to kill some time. I played 3 mtts and then just 4-5 tabled .5/1 plo. I gotta admit that my MTT game is way off. I'm going to play a decent amount before I get to vegas, because I really want to do well in some of the wsop events. The good thing that I remembered was how much dead money there is in those tournys. I saw some miserable plays. I played for a few hours, and won about $50 total. That included my mtts buyins and also a $100 sng that I didn't make the money in."
Old 05-05-2007, 02:34 PM

Default Re: Muddywater from Cardrunners?

and since he missed his wed. video he must be busto, ldo
Old 05-05-2007, 02:34 PM

Pretty sure his regular game is 2-4 nl lately. Seems like a decent player who has lost focus and ran poor. Probably just needs to have some free time to focus on poker, get on a heater and regain the confidence.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:45 PM

He is the co-founder of cardrunners. He will never be busto.
Old 05-05-2007, 04:23 PM

muddywater is not a very good player. i think he is at the level he should be at (2/4).
Old 05-05-2007, 04:28 PM

He said he has been concentrating on getting out of school and not playing much at all. There is no reason to jump back into 10/25 or even 5/10 if your game isn't sharp.
Old 05-05-2007, 04:29 PM

I wonder if Taylor regrets not going into the Cardrunner's business solely by himself and making twice more? I would venture to guess most of the customer base signed up because of the "green plastic" name anyways. Does anyone watch the Muddywater videos?
Old 05-05-2007, 05:25 PM

I don't think muddy sucks as much as you guys are saying he does.

He seems kind of like a dude w/o ambition, and so that may be why his game is not as god as it could be.
Old 05-05-2007, 05:34 PM

Muddy doesn't care about his game nearly as much as a guy like Taylor or Aba. That's not necessarily a bad thing, just different priorities.

He did well in bigger games pre-frist and pre-Neteller dying, but I believe he's been struggling a lot since. There are tons of other former high stakes players in the exact same position (just go to FTP 2/4nl, it's filled with the 5/10nl regs from a few months ago). He has decent fundamentals, but he doesn't have the mindset or ambition to be a very successful high stakes player in the current environment imo. Far better to be working on your game at lower stakes than to just keep losing money at your previous stomping grounds though (there are a lot of players who have done this too...)

That said, his videos are still plenty informative to players who play low stakes nl (which I believe is the vast majority of CardRunners members). He's a competent player who could very likely crush low stakes games, and that information is very valuable to someone playing NL25 as their main game.
Old 05-05-2007, 05:40 PM

thanks for clearing that up tagtastic. makes sense now.