Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2007, 01:46 PM

Default 10NL UB tough spots vs same villain

Villain is 52/1.89/2.2 over 100+ hands

Ran up against this guy over a number of hands. I kept running into him when I felt I was ahead preflop, but the board turned it around. Did I get away ok on the first two posted hands? Last hand, top set on monotone board, standard?

<font color="blue">
My first hand is my 3rd hand dealt at the table, so I had no read or stats. I call the flop because I was not giving him credit for the flush. I checked for pot control and folded to his 1/2 pot. The check was super-weak in hindsight, but I figured I am only ahead of AK and I need to get out now. Should I have just folded this flop min-raise?
</font>

Ultimate Bet
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05./$0.10.
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $10.34
UTG+1: $10.79
CO: $39.36
Button: $11.01
SB: $2.59
BB: $10.70

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, 2 folds, Button calls, 2 folds.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($0.95, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $0.8</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $1.6</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($4.15, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $2</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $2 returned to Button.

Results:
Final pot: $4.15

<font color="blue">
Same villain. The table was pretty tight, so my raise range opened up a bit. The villain seemed ready to give me action as well. I c-bet the flop rep'ing the ace. His turn bet seemed really weak and I almost raised it. The river bet was for value/blocking. I think a check might have been better here.
</font>

Ultimate Bet
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $9.90
UTG+1: $10.30
CO: $38.60
Button: $15.29
SB: $3.15
BB: $10.19

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, 2 folds, Button calls, 2 folds.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($0.95, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $0.75</font>, Button calls.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($2.45, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $0.7</font>, Hero calls.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($3.85, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1.5</font>, Button calls.

Results:
Final pot: $6.85

<font color="blue">
Same villain. Board is again horrible, but I flopped top set and I am getting it all-in by the river. If he has the flush, so be it. I check the turn because I had done this a few times earlier and he had bet it every time. I was even more confident he was going to bet this since he min-raised a lot with TP+. Was my raise on the turn too big given my stack size? River was an easy shove since I had only a little left behind.
</font>

Ultimate Bet
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $1.90
UTG+1: $39.32
CO: $18.10
Button: $2.85
SB: $9.94
Hero: $10.19

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, 2 folds, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.6</font>, UTG+1 folds, CO calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($1.35, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $2</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($5.35, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $2</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $5</font>, CO calls.

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($15.35, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero is all-in $2.59</font>, CO calls.

Results:
Final pot: $20.53
Old 05-05-2007, 01:52 PM

Default Re: 10NL UB tough spots vs same villain

Hand #1: No reason to call flop if you are c/fing the turn. Flop is either raise or fold i think..

Hand #2: I hate your line. If you think KQ is good just lead the turn. or if you want to check call turn, then check call river to induce a bluff. leading only gets called by hand that beat you.

Hand #3: RR flop and push turn. This hand should never have gotten to the river w/o all the money going in. If he has a flush you still have outs get it in on the flop if you can..

Edit: on hand 3 you should either just c/c to try and fill up or get the money in. the check raise on the turn is bogus especially b/c you didn't CRAI
Old 05-05-2007, 02:26 PM

Default Re: 10NL UB tough spots vs same villain

hand #1: i like your line here, there are better spots to get your money in

hand #2: i c/c any reasonable river bet

hand #3: Get as much in on the flop as you can, then push turn on a non-heart

edit: misread hand #1