Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2007, 05:54 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 05-05-2007, 06:11 AM

Default Re: $0.50/$1.00, does he have it?

You have to call in this situation. If there's 3 of a kind on the board I will never assume the other player has the 4th, it's much more likely he's holding a K, maybe even slow playing aces in this situation.

He's similarly going to be putting very little weight on the chances that you're holding the 4th Q or K K, so if he's got queens full he might just be shoving because he reckons it'll be a split pot but might as well try and get as much money in there as possible in case he's got you beat.

Def call, if he's got the Q, that's just seriously unlucky and I'd have to pay him off.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:32 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 05-05-2007, 06:33 AM

Party Poker, and sometimes pokerroom. You seen me about or something?
Old 05-05-2007, 06:34 AM

just call the checkraise and you completely avoid this situation. as played you have to fold. even if you call and you get lucky, you basically beat a bluff and were putting in 4 buyins on the river to find out if hes bluffing? 100-200bbs deep this is a snap call but everyone saying call either sucks at deepstack poker or just poker in general.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If there's 3 of a kind on the board I will never assume the other player has the 4th, it's much more likely he's holding a K, maybe even slow playing aces in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do understand that there's also only one K left in the deck so it isn't more likely that hes holding a K. So I think hes gottaa queen here pretty often. And I don't see any reason to put him on aces. Once again Qx is more likely than AA.

This is not an easy call, especially given the stack sizes. I don't think it's a big mistake to fold here.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:40 AM

Well, I'm saying call. I agree that just calling the raise would have avoided this situation, and that certainly would have been the safer play, but as played I'd call. It's just as likely he's got the case K rather than the Q, or even possibly another high pair, so i'd say we're getting better than 50/50 odds here and obviously much better pot odds than that.

You make it sound like it's an easy decision, which is just retarded, and try and keep the personal comments to a minimum.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I'm saying call. I agree that just calling the raise would have avoided this situation, and that certainly would have been the safer play, but as played I'd call. It's just as likely he's got the case K rather than the Q, or even possibly another high pair, so i'd say we're getting better than 50/50 odds here and obviously much better pot odds than that.

You make it sound like it's an easy decision, which is just retarded, and try and keep the personal comments to a minimum.

[/ QUOTE ]

What you fail to understand is that if villain doesn't have the Q he should be very afraid of Hero having it after the second raise.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

What you fail to understand is that if villain doesn't have the Q he should be very afraid of Hero having it after the second raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

But much less so after the third Q came on the river. Like I said, I would (and most people would) put very little weight on the possibility of someone holding the case card, so the villain is probably thinking that a K is much more likely.

Now I know this is a more complicated position for the hero because it's very likely that the villain is holding a case card, whether it be the K or Q, but I'm saying it's just as likely that it could be either with a small possibility of some other pocket pair, so we have the odds to call.

I'm not trying to say it's an obvious decision either way, because it isn't, but I would call and I think that's reasonable.