Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2007, 05:38 AM

Default NL100 flopped straight vs action on 3flush board

Villain is 53/24/4 and has been berating everyone and is basically trying hard to run the table over. Should I raise more on the flop here? Whats my turn line?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) by Hand Converter CG

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP ($46)
Button ($119.20)
SB ($132.10)
Hero ($101.20)
UTG ($67.75)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $1, MP calls $1, Button calls $1, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($5) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $9</font>, UTG folds, MP folds, Button folds, SB calls $7.

Turn: ($23) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $14</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $28</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $65
Old 05-05-2007, 05:41 AM

Default Re: NL100 flopped straight vs action on 3flush board

vs 55/24/4 I prob call here and hope for a cheap showdown.
he could be betting a set like this, 2pair, AJ, who the [censored] knows.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:14 AM

No way I'd fold this, not to a min raise from an obvious bully. Definitely call and call again if a spade doesn't come on the river.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:52 AM

12 on flop, but thats nitpicky. people saying call this need to be aware the pots going to be 80 on the river. are we calling a shove on a blank river? i very rarely see the line check-minraise scare card and then check-fold the river. i have no idea if were ahead or not, but its very likely he had a bcombo draw on the flop like ace 8 of spades and got there on the turn. i probably fold because it looks like he wants to play for stacks and even if we call alot of river cards are very very bad for us, however if you're going to proceed with the hand reraise him on the turn, dont flatcall since you dont want to be lost on a board pairing or spade river. if you feel you're good bet so you'll have odds to call the river.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:04 AM

C'mon, it's $14 to call a $65 pot and the only thing that's got us beat is a flush. How could you fold to someone who as mentioned is "berating everyone".

I don't see how raising so you've got odds to call on the river will achieve anything either, since if a spade does fall on the river we won't want to call right? I'd be perfectly happy calling here being well sure I'm ahead and if a spade falls on the river, that's just bad luck and you can throw it away.