Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2007, 03:22 PM

Default Calling all fans of individual poker celebs (wiki)

First off, apologies if this is seen as spam or inappropriate to this forum. I've been absent from 2+2 in general for a couple of months, and never really been on this forum much. But hopefully those who know me can vouch that my interest on this site is only in providing a useful resource for those who want to learn more about our game.

Now, for a couple of years several of us have been developing PokerWiki as a complementary resource to 2+2. In other words, it's a place to stick information that might be helpful in a number of 2+2 posts, i.e. more of a community oriented reference.

Well, Wikia (who hosts that wiki) has approached us about building it out into something a little more unique-looking, like ArmchairGM.com. As a proof of concept, they'd like us to develop a few articles for player profiles, such as Hellmuth or Brunson. And that's where this forum can help immensely, I'm hoping.

Of course Wikipedia already has articles on prominent poker players, but its "neutral point of view" policy probably curtails frank discussion about how these guys play. So I'm thinking that PokerWiki could have articles candidly critiquing the way they play, both strengths and weaknesses. But that's just one thought, and if you have others I'm eager to hear them.

Based on this proof-of-concept, there's a chance the wiki may be connected officially to Two Plus Two in the future. In other words, this isn't a 2+2 project at present although many of us are participants both places, but it may become officially linked to 2+2 in the near future. Therefore our goal is make the articles as informative as possible to showcase what a wiki is useful for.

Thanks for your interest to have read this far. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]