Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2007, 01:08 PM

Default AK w/ top 2 in 3 bet pot, NL $2

SB has stats of 25/15/1.75 after ~200 hands. Doubt it means much, but I've seen in C/R on the river after hitting the nut flush from the SB before. Seems pretty straight forward. I have no meaningful encounters with him.

SB ($485.80 in chips)
Hero ($221.90 in chips)
CO ($437.60 in chips)
BN ($832.93 in chips)

Pre-Flop, Hero has A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
CO folds, BN raises to 7, SB calls, Hero raises to 30, BN folds, SB calls

FLOP (~65) [K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
SB checks, Hero bets 40, SB calls

TURN (~145) [A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER (~145) [5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
SB bets All-In 415.80, Hero has 151.9 and doesn't know what to do???

My hand is pretty much a bluff catcher at this point, right? I have a really hard time putting him on anything I beat, other than a bluff. You'd think he'd check with any pocket pair, hoping for showdown. And there's always a chance he has AK as well.

And I have a hard time finding a hand that he'd play like this that he'd even bluff with, given that there are no draws.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:10 PM

Default Re: AK w/ top 2 in 3 bet pot, NL $2

i probably call here
Old 05-04-2007, 01:27 PM

I call this. You succeeded in trying to look weak/scared on the turn, and this is an excellent spot for him to bluff at the pot. I don't think he has a set here....it's an unlikely line for a hand of that quality.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:37 PM

Most 25/15 types aren't flat calling AA/KK/AK behind a button raise nor call $23 more with 77 given the stacks, so I've got no idea what to put him on. Any read on Button that might help us with SB's line of thinking? Have you squeezed them before? Any chance he'd make this move with QQ-TT?
Old 05-04-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most 25/15 types aren't flat calling AA/KK/AK behind a button raise nor call $23 more with 77 given the stacks, so I've got no idea what to put him on. Any read on Button that might help us with SB's line of thinking? Have you squeezed them before? Any chance he'd make this move with QQ-TT?

[/ QUOTE ]

BN had stats of around 30/15, ~100 hands. If anything, I would think that the SB would put the BN on a steal here, but the flat call doesn't coincide with that thinking...

I hadn't squeezed before. I definitely thought about him having QQ-TT, but I really couldn't see him betting like that with it. He'd be basically bluffing them, and hoping to push me off a hand like QQ-TT... I don't know if he thinks on that level.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:04 PM

looks like a whiffed turn checkraise. you're getting 2:1 and hoping for a split i think. folding isnt wrong here but why did you check the turn if you're not going to call the river bet? i think small blind either has a monster or got stubborn with some kind of pocket pair. maybe u got shown a retardedly played AA i really dont know what to think, but i think you can find a fold unless you think hes bluffing or chopping slightly more than 1/3 times in which case snap call and hope this is one of them.