Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2007, 06:05 AM

Default TP TK

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 folds, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB calls, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: (11.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

River: (15.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17.25 BB
Old 05-04-2007, 09:11 AM

Default Re: TP TK

Looks like villain got the max out of you. Your play was standard.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:15 AM

I'm trying to make a habit of not folding top pair top kicker on the river for one bet getting great odds (16:1 in this case) but I'm trying to think of a 3bet preflop hand and raised turn hand we beat here. In the heat of battle I'd call but after thinking about it we chop with AQ and beat KQs, everything else (88+ and AK; I don't think AJ/AT would be raising the turn) has us beat, no?

[ETA: Hmmm, thought about it some more and it is unlikely that AK/TT/99 raise the turn (unless the TT/99 are semi-bluffing hoping for a free showdown) so maybe that increases chance of AQ/KQ but it still seems pretty slim.]

Gmy2cents,whichisalsomywinrateperhourG
Old 05-04-2007, 11:30 AM

Tough spot to be in. How I'd play it depends on my read of the button. In general though, I'd say you are beat when he puts in that raise on the turn.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:02 PM

IMO it boils down to the chances villan is some crazy LAG that would try to blow you off a decent hand with something like A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or maybe even K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I realize online often hard to have a good handle on this.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:08 PM

No reads on vilian?

As he played it I suspect he has something like KK and was scared that you had made trips or something. But it's strange that he call the flop and then raise the turn. But he might was scared of a second FD.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:10 PM

I don't like the flop 3-bet.

Obviously, everything up to that point is super standard. You're not HU, there's a caller, and the board is very coordinated. I just call the raise and see what the turn brings. I fold the river. We beat 0 hands at this point he could have. I know the pot is huge, but the board is scary as [censored], and your opponent doesn't care. Without a read, I fold the river.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:11 PM

Oh, I fold the turn, I forgot to mention that. But if I don't fold the turn, then I fold the river. I know it's usually a bad idea to call a turn raise planning to fold the river, but if we call the turn raise, it might be because we think we're ahead (which I don't think we can assume), but with the T spiking on the river and his bet, there's no way we're not dead and must absolutely muck it at this point.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:27 AM

With no reads I'd probably call down after the flop raise; you've got the odds and TPTK while HU. I want to what villian is playing like this with.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But if I don't fold the turn, then I fold the river.

[/ QUOTE ]Dude, weak.

On the turn the pot is BIG and hero is getting 1:14,25 so even if we're sure we're behind, we get odds to peel one card (without implied odds hero needs 3.16 clean outs for this to be a winning play and I think we're facing queenless 2-pair often enough that we can peel here). Besides, we're not behind 100% of the time.