Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 02:06 PM

Default Couple $40-$80 hands.

Decent 40-80 B & M game.

Hand 1:

Regular limps in EP, I raise Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], LAG calls in the CO, BB calls. 4 players

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

check to me and I bet, LAG raises, BB folds, EP calls, I 3-bet, they both call. 3 players now.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

check, I bet, LAG raises again, EP calls 2, I 3-bet, LAG calls while saying 'nice hand', EP calls.

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

EP bets quickly, I fold, LAG calls.

Hand 2:

one EP limper who is stuck, I raise in the CO w/ J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], button calls, BB calls. 4 players

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

check, check, I bet, everybody calls. 4 players

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

checked around.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

check, check, I bet...

Comments?
Old 05-03-2007, 02:15 PM

Default Re: Couple $40-$80 hands.

I guess if he can never have less then the flush in hand one, it's a great laydown. Since there's no read and I guess there's nothing else he'd be calling down with, maybe he really always has the flush 100% of the time. If it's 95% of the time though, I'm tossing in those few chips. Pretty read dependant.

I like the last hand.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 2:

one EP limper who is stuck, I raise in the CO w/ J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], button calls, BB calls. 4 players

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

check, check, I bet, everybody calls. 4 players

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

checked around.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

check, check, I bet...

Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hand 2, preflop: I don't like raising JT suited from the cuttoff against an early limper. The early limper is probably a favorite against this hand heads up and this is a hand that plays well multi-way. Why would you risk isolation? I like it if you can knock out the button but get calls out of both the blinds, giving you control, position, and drawing odds. I even might like it (but probably not) if you were on the button and knew you'd act last on the flop.

I don't think the river bluff has much of a chance to get by 3 opponents.

I'm undecided about the turn here and am interested in what others have to say about it.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:26 PM

hand 1: i don't like 3bet on turn.. he can 4bet a lot of hands that beat you here that you have outs on... fold on the river is standard...

hand 2: river is ok if you think someone is going to fold an 8... pretty unrealistic to think this board missed 5 players...
Old 05-03-2007, 05:42 PM

Hand 1: nice laydown; if he's bluffing it would be a world-class move. There's no way he can expect either player to fold this river and he can't be v-betting anything less than 2 pair, but it's probably a flush. NH

Hand 2: I think you need to bet this turn unless you can smell a c/r coming. Firing that second bullet will go a long way; bottom pairs who peeled the flop might fold, gutshots will fold, overcards will fold, etc. And if you get called you have the flush draw to fall back on and maybe even pairing the J or T.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:11 PM

Hand 1: Very very well played. Classic TAG poker

Hand 2: You gotta bet the turn. HAVE TO. As played though, I just give up. I don't think there is any way in hell that you will get 3 folds here.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:09 PM

i agree with everything joker said, with the check on the turn in hand 2 i like mixing in the river bet with the ace hitting - this is very read focused though... based upon your image and how lightly the two in the pot call the river bet... i think your hand looks like a standard AJ for the board texture, depending on opponents you may take this from 89 or 67 type hands enough to make it profitable - just be careful who you bet this against
Old 05-03-2007, 07:10 PM

Hand 2 I check the flop.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2 I check the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Me too, and I think the decision to 3-bet the turn was pretty marginal (though def not terrible).
Old 05-03-2007, 08:28 PM

I play both exactly the same.

-DeathDonkey