Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 01:20 PM

Default Obsession with Shortstacking/Taking a shot with a min. B/I??

I dont play online,but the last few weeks,there has been a clear divide amongst shortstackers/minimumum buy-ins "taking shots at higher stakes" vs. the regular HS players on this forum!

Have the game's dwindled down to what was once a S/S here and there,to the them being the table majority now?

And are alot of players "taking shots" at higher stakes with the Hit n'Run mentality the norm as well?

I know from experience in LIVE play,S/S's come and go,and players take a shot at higher stakes once in awhile,,,,,,,,but in NO WAY do they dominate the available pool of players?

It seems the earning power of the top online players HAS to be compromised based on the opinions here lately?

~stephen
Old 05-03-2007, 02:34 PM

Default Re: Obsession with Shortstacking/Taking a shot with a min. B/I??

There are shortstacking regulars everywhre who are not just taking shots but making regular appearances in the games and making some money doing it. It is not uncommon to play a 6-handed game on Full Tilt with 3-4 shortstacks. Same goes for Stars.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:20 PM

Default Re: Obsession with Shortstacking/Taking a shot with a min. B/I??

[ QUOTE ]
There are shortstacking regulars everywhre who are not just taking shots but making regular appearances in the games and making some money doing it. It is not uncommon to play a 6-handed game on Full Tilt with 3-4 shortstacks. Same goes for Stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are these games turning into a WPT push/fold fest,or are they just multi-tabling,spreading their respective B/R's amongst 8/9/10+ tables trying to reduce their variance with minimum buy-ins?
Def. takes some of the "POKER" out deepstack play though,and must be frustrating as hell!