Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 01:07 PM

Default Getting my affiliate page TRANSLATED -- tips for right direction?

I'm thinking of getting my affiliate page translated into multiple languages.

Would love to hear from other affiliates re:

1) How did you go about finding someone to do it for you? Did u use a professional service, or just a series of individuals?

2) Roughly how much did it cost?

3) Did you see an explicit revenue impact from it??

Thanks
Old 05-04-2007, 01:17 PM

Default Re: Getting my affiliate page TRANSLATED -- tips for right direction?

bump.

w/ all the affils who have their pages in dif languages, SOMEONE's got to have some info for me here.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3) Did you see an explicit revenue impact from it??

[/ QUOTE ]
in my language there are about 2 books about poker. I don't know anyone a little bit decent in poker that don't speak english so I don't suppose any revenue if you don't want to advertise on a foreign language forum/sites.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:04 PM

My guess is that many/most multi lingual rakeback sites are written by the multi lingual operators. If you had to pay someone to do it then I just don't see how likely it would be to pay for itself. On top of that if you sign up players that only speak French for example, then you need French speaking support. This can create problems down the road too.

When I owned RRR I looked into getting it translated but I could not find anything I felt would have been cost effective, and then what would I do with the support emails I can't read?
Old 05-04-2007, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My guess is that many/most multi lingual rakeback sites are written by the multi lingual operators.

[/ QUOTE ]

That can't be true -- pokersavvy.com and pokertips.org are 2 sites that I've seen that are translated into like 15 different languages. Unless they've got the Pope on payroll, I don't see how they could accomplish this themselves.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:03 AM

I didn't realize there were sites that had that many languages. I worked with several affiliates that were bi/multilingual and their sites were written in their native and regional languages. As you say I doubt there are many in the industry that speak that many languages.

Do these sites offer support in all of those languages too? I think that is where the real cost is. Translating the site is a one time cost but supporting it could be a long term nightmare. Maybe there are people out there that could answer support for $x per email. I wouldn't know where to look for this type of support.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:15 AM

When I saw your OP, Teddy, I thought it sounded interesting. However, I think PA has really hit the nail on the head with the support issue.

I am partners in a (non-poker-related) company, and we were looking at expanding into Quebec. We had someone all ready to go and sell for us there, and he translated some of our contracts. The problem was, though, just as PA has mentioned. Anyone who requires everything translated because they can't speak/read enough English will subsequently need support in their native language. Also, something that came up for us...what about when the docments change? Now they have to be translated all over again. We decided it was better to continue expanding in our English-speaking areas, and if the day ever came when we couldn't find any more room to grow in the rest of Canada, we'd look at Quebec again. That day still hasn't come, BTW.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:06 AM

If anyone needs translation from english to swedish I can assist. I would also be available for support issues.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:36 AM

PA is spot on. the problem with a one time translation is support. also, sites content change constantly, each time requiring additional translation.

it would be easier to help you find a solution if you detailed your affiliate operation. if its just vanilla affiliate marketing, then a one time translation could be the way to go. but if there is constant customer contact after acquisition, then you have some issues.

if you have heavy CS work, i still think it could beneficial to do translation, and make it clear that the user does not have access to non english CS. again i need to know what your site does, but using a lot of graphical information bypasses the need for any languages and can instruct your users to do things by that medium.

what we have done is this. we took our site and made it so that we could skin it, add it on to any url(existing or not). the skin has a full CMS system in it. we actively find 'affiliates' to manage that skin for us. in the case of raketracker.ru, raketracker.de..etc. we have affilaite partners who translate content, do CS, and market. They receive a percentage of the overall sites profitability. THey obviously need to speak english so we can aid them in support issues. But our partners so far are doing extremely well. We are developing a site to promote this operation that is at pokeraffiliatesolutions.com, for now there is a real hideous looking gist of the service we have.

teddy, if you want to contact me i would be happy to try to help you find a solution so you can work on translation, just need a little more info on your site.