Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 12:54 AM

Default How can I play this QQ in the BB better? Any help is appriciated.

I was playing a tourney for 2 bucks at Party. I got AA utg+1. after raising 4BB i got 2 all ins. i called and lost to 44 with a 5 high straight after I hit my set. Next hand KK utg. i raise all in called by AK , A hits on the river. Back to my cash game and I get QQ in the BB and then this happens.

How could have I played this hand better? I have a problem with the fine line of sucking them in for more money and protecting my hand. Any help would be appriciated

@.02/.04 Party Poker

<font color="black">VILLAIN </font> posts small blind <font color="green"> [$0.02 USD] </font>.
<font color="red">HERO </font> posts big blind <font color="green">[$0.04 USD]</font>.
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to <font color="red">HERO </font> [ Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ]
UTG calls <font color="green">[$0.04 USD]</font>
UTG+1 folds
MP1 calls <font color="green"> [$0.04 USD]</font>
MP2 folds
MP3 folds
BUTTON folds
<font color="black">VILLAIN </font> raises <font color="green"> [$0.22 USD]</font>
<font color="red">HERO </font>calls <font color="green"> [$0.20 USD]</font>
UTG folds
MP1 calls <font color="green"> [$0.20 USD]</font>
** Dealing Flop ** [ 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ]
<font color="black">VILLAIN </font> bets <font color="green"> [$0.64 USD]</font>
<font color="red">HERO </font> calls <font color="green">[$0.64 USD]</font>
MP1 calls <font color="green"> [$0.64 USD]</font>
** Dealing Turn ** [ 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ]
<font color="black">VILLAIN </font> checks
<font color="red">HERO </font> bets<font color="green"> [$2 USD]</font>
MP1 folds
<font color="black">VILLAIN </font> <font color="red"> is all-In </font> <font color="green"> [$4.36 USD]</font>
<font color="red">HERO </font><font color="red"> is all-In[</font><font color="green"> [$2.07 USD]</font>
** Dealing River ** [ K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ]
<font color="white">HERO shows [ Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ]three of a kind, Queens.
VILLAIN shows [ K K ]three of a kind, Kings.
VILLAIN wins <font color="green"> $0.29</font> USD from side pot #1 with three of a kind, Kings.
VILLAIN wins <font color="green"> $10.28</font> USD from the main pot with three of a kind, Kings. </font>
Old 05-03-2007, 01:01 AM

Default Re: How can I play this QQ in the BB better? Any help is appriciated.

I'll say to you something I posted in my Theory thread in SSNL:

Variance is the fuel in a gambler's fire.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:30 AM

Reraise preflop to like, .75. I don't mind the flop call, flop is so dry and you might want the other guy to tag along. This is just a bad beat, nothing to really worry about. Don't post results btw.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:51 AM

i would reraise preflop, although i don't think calling is too bad. Reraising may allow you to narrow villains range although at these stakes i'm probably still calling a push with QQ depending on villain/ reads. As played i'm almost always raising this flop at these stakes. He donked into you so obv he likes his hand. I hate slowplaying at these stakes. I get as much money in here as possible. The fact that he spiked his K on the river is irrelevant. Villains with KK/AA are a dream situation on this flop beacuse you stack them *almost* everytime [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] And yah, don't post results. You played it fine, just took a bad beat.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:08 AM

I probably reraise pf because of the 2 limpers, but I think the rest of the hand is fine. I don't really like raising the flop here, I think it makes less money off of hands like jj-99, KQ (maybe..he may just stack off with this), etc. There's also a small chance he'll fire a second bullet on the turn with air or improve to a costly but still second best hand. AA, KK, 88 and probably AQ are getting it in regardless, so I'm trying to maximize my expectation against the others hands in villain's range. The pot is already 19 BBs after the PF betting, so if we have a willing villain we should be able to call the flop and easily get it in by the river without doing anything strange that may overly spook an over pair type hand. Enticing MP1 to stick around with w/e random crap he has on that dry board is great too.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:37 AM

thanks guys i really appriciate your input.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:34 PM

just an update today it's back to normal and the queens are standing up better and the overcards are hitting after weak bets from the opponent etc. Variance is a biatch but we live with it. Thanks for the support guys.