Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 12:49 AM

Default Help me fight cancer.

***Posted with permission from mods***

Hey guys,

Next month, I am participating in an event called Relay for Life. Relay For Life is an overnight event that brings the Northwestern University community together to help support the American Cancer Society and its lifesaving mission to eliminate cancer as a major health problem.

Raising money for cancer research is particularly meaningful to me, because my grandmother has been and still is battling cancer. Thankfully, she has responded very well to treatment.

I’m sure that a lot of 2+2’ers have had friends or family with cancer. And it sucks. So why not donate some of your excess poker money to help find a cure?

If you are interested in donated to help me raise my fundraising goal, please visit my personal RFL homepage . There is a form for donating via credit card. (This website is tied directly to the American Cancer Society, so there is zero chance I am trying to scam you.) Donations of any amount are greatly appreciated.

Feel free to ask any questions in thread. I thank you in advance for your generosity.

If you'd like to be recognized, feel free to post that you donated in this thread.

Edward
Old 05-03-2007, 12:50 AM

Default Re: Help me fight cancer.

Also, if you need or want a receipt form, I can send you one if it is not available from the website.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:52 AM

Since I'm a penis, why wouldn't people just donate directly to the American Cancer Society?
Old 05-03-2007, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Since I'm a penis, why wouldn't people just donate directly to the American Cancer Society?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are donating directly to the American Cancer Society through this. It is just a fundraiser, similar to Walk for the Cure, or any other. It is basically just a gimmick to get people interested in it.

The only difference in going through this link is that I get credit towards my goal, which is basically meaningless anyway. If you'd rather just donate without going through my page, please do so. It's all about raising money for the cause.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:03 AM

Very cool Edward, if you guys have not attended one of these (I would recommend the larger relays), they are quite powerful and are an incredible experience. On top of the important cause, they are actually fun.

I donated a little, but have my own coming up in a month. Good luck, looks like you are doing well.

PS: I like how I could get the "Uglyowl" name to scroll on the honor roll [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2007, 02:33 AM

Thanks a lot! I appreciate every little bit.