Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2007, 10:04 PM

Default microPLO: AJJT - flop nut set & fold

<font color="blue">Hand 1: I'm slowly becoming wary that if the nuts are possible, then there's a decent chance someone has them. This leads to what feels like weak play to me. However, I'm not sure that it's wrong to be weak. How's my turn &amp; river play? </font>
Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $6.15
Hero: $10.20
CO: $0.65
Button: $7.75
SB: $5.85
BB: $9.90

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.35</font>, CO calls, 2 folds, BB calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($1.1, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO calls all-in $0.3</font>, BB calls.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($3.4, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $2, Sidepot 1: $1.4)
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($3.4, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $2, Sidepot 1: $1.4)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $1.7</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $1.7 returned to BB.

Results:
Final pot: $3.4

<font color="blue">Hand 2: A short hand, I just want to make sure this is right. This seems to happen a lot when I reraise w/ AAxx. I miss most flops, so I get into a c/f routine.</font>
Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $2.20
UTG+1: $10.25
CO: $6.50
Button: $3.85
Hero: $16.15
BB: $18.70

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG (poster) checks, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $0.5</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, 2 folds, CO calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($3.7, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $3.75</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $3.75 returned to CO.

Results:
Final pot: $3.7
Old 05-02-2007, 10:12 PM

Default Re: microPLO: AJJT - flop nut set & fold

Hand 1 - Bet the turn. If he cr's you can fold, but you're giving him a free card to a zillion other straights. River is player dependent.

Hand 2 - Fine, this board is clearly terrible for your hand. But "I miss most flops, so I get into a c/f routine" this sounds pretty bad.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But "I miss most flops, so I get into a c/f routine" this sounds pretty bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, it feels worse [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. I find myself doing a lot of c/f'ing on these coordinated flops OOP. I'm much more willing to stab at the pot w/ my AAxx or missed QJT9 on like a K85 flop.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:09 PM

Hand 1: I'm potting this turn close to 100% of the time. You'll get a ton of value from lower sets/two pairs and you don't want to give a free card to Q9 or 98 either. Unless you have a specific read or timing tell that you didn't mention, you're not up against KQ anywhere near enough to check this.

Hand 2: If you're repotting this PF with stacks this short, it's to get it all-in on almost every flop HU. Don't reraise if you're going to check/fold when you flop a double-gutter.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:20 PM

1) Your t&amp;r play could not have been more passive, but with the 3rd nuts after a call on the flop, that is not hard. There are several hands that do not beat you that he could have played this way, for a half pot I would have probably called. Since he did not re-raise the flop, he may not have had As.

2) This is not a real good flop for you if the OOP player starts firing. Set, straight or wrap, you are still behind with an inside straigh draw and an overpair.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:50 AM

Yeah I pretty much agree with iggy 100%. If you get c/r on the turn in hand 1 then you've got something to think about. But if you check everytime any scary card peels off you are going to be exploitable -- even by players at this level.