Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2007, 04:52 AM

Default ultimate bankroll questions!!!!!!!!!!

ok here is the ULTIMATE bankroll question:

30 buy ins for sngs (general rule fine) from what i understand if you have 30 buy ins and u still lose it all then it means something is wrong with your game, hence I have the following questions

Does this 30 buy in mean that we are able to keep playing until we go broke in the same level/limit (say $500 sng) or do we HAVE to drop down after we lose half the bankroll?

Also does this mean that if we do eventually lose 30 buy ins, then that level of limit is too high for me to play skill wise?

Does this 30 buy in rule also take in the fact that people might win? For example if I want to test the waters at 550 SNG and x30 buy in of that is...16500, and i start it off...I get it to 17000, so i profited 500. Does this mean that with the needed 16500 I should NOT be able to go broke, meaning if I lose to the last 500 now that means the limit was not meant for me? Or am I getting this all wrong and I have to move down no matter what if my roll starts to decline?

SO essentially I want to ask:

1.)THese x30 buy in rules, do we have to move down
2.)To test if we are able to play at a certain limit is x30 buy in enough to test? Say 16500 is needed and i win to 17000, can I stop at 500 reminaing and say ok I failed this level or does the rule include the winnings as part of the "test" if you can play that limit?
3.) When we move up and fail, we just move back down?
4.) how do we know when to move? is it when we have x30 buy in of the next level? and when do we move down? is it when we have x30 buy in of the lower level ?is this how it works?

sorry for typing all retarded, but I am tired as hell right now and I am plyaing 9 tables as im typing this hahhaa.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:36 AM

Default Re: ultimate bankroll questions!!!!!!!!!!

Wrong forum. Try less adderall.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:06 AM

Default Re: ultimate bankroll questions!!!!!!!!!!

Wrong forum but here I go:
Go for 50 buy-ins, its a bit safer.
Once you only have 50 buyins left for a LOWER level, then move to that level.
Move up again if you have 50 buyins for the HIGHER level.

U might use your 30 but make sure you do move down when you have to or you go busto soon.