Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2007, 10:12 PM

Default Before you deposit!

Probably not the right place for this, but its important enough for me to announce it here.

BEFORE YOU DEPOSIT, MAKE SURE YOU GET RAKEBACK!!
a % of your rake back every month is huge. It really adds up, so make sure you get it before you deposit!

IF anyone has any questions I would be happy to answer them.

(I know there is a rakeback forum, but not all beginners go straight there, im sure)
Old 05-01-2007, 10:47 PM

Default Re: Before you deposit!

I do have a question. You invited a PM but since you posted this I'll ask it here. I am a US player, been playing for some time on Stars, UB, Bodog, Full Tilt. ( Until the "Fristing" I played at Paradise and Party as well. I REALLY miss Paradise!!! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]) I don't make deposits as I have been fortunate enough to be playing with winnings BUT..... I don't think I can sign up for rake back on my existing accounts can I? If I can I'd sure like to know. I started my accounts before I knew about rake back [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img].
Old 05-01-2007, 10:52 PM

oh I miss paradise too, they were wild , you can't with
existing accounts. Rakeback is so vital (imo) that its worth starting anew on a new site, if there is a site you like you don't have an account on, Id recommend starting there!

sites I know that offer RB and allow US players:
(Absolute, Battlefield Poker, Doyles Room, Full tilt, mansion poker, sunpoker, ultimate bet)
All pretty good sites too
Old 05-01-2007, 11:03 PM

Do you think if I closed out my accounts (maybe one or 2 at a time. Had them send me checks. I could open a new account under a different screenname (my real name and address would have to be the same though as would my computers address etc) I could get rakeback on the new accounts? Or won't that work? And would it cover my costs of refunding my accounts and the trouble of doing it? I don't even know how much it costs to transfer money in now that my debit card won't work for that any more.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:16 PM

you can't close accounts and open a new one, would have to do it on a new site/new account. Epassporte charges I think about $3 for bank transfers (takes about a week). If your just transferring it around online, no fees that I know of.

Any sites listed that you don't have accounts on?
Old 05-01-2007, 11:27 PM

I will check on that. I wouldn't mind giving up Bodog because I don't like their software and Full Tilt could go. My bonus period is over there and the players are pretty tough on Full Tilt. I'll look around for other sites that will let me play and see if the rakeback services list them. Thanks for your help. It reaslly might improve my results if I can get the right set up. Even though I win a little "the house" ends up doing better than I do!!!
Old 05-01-2007, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IF anyone has any questions I would be happy to answer them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trolling/spamming for people to refer is generally frowned upon in the beginner forum.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:11 AM

Isn`t it possible to regester two different players at he same site using the same home address(different email) and computor?

Say, if my wife wanted to play with her money instead of mine?

Failing that, what if she were to register on the same site as me using her own name, same home address obviously(different email) but registered using her company laptop?

If that were possible she could then log in on our home computor and play on that instead of the laptop (which is supposed to stay at work)?

I only ask cos i missed out on the rakeback thing too.

My wife can fire off. I`ll happily use her name and transfer my funds though if i can.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:52 AM

raju-
What you are asking is going to depend on the site. IIRC, some sites will not let you do it, others will not let the second player get bonuses. The best thing is to ask the site first - I believe some people have had both accounts frozen in the past.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:43 PM

Is rakeback important for a lowstake player like me? I play 10nl