Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2007, 09:31 AM

Default 1400BB deep riverdecision with a set (live)

(1 euro = 1,3 dollar)

It's a live €0.50/€0.50 homegame. We are 6-handed in a game that has run continuously from fridayafternoon untill mondaymorning. The game plays a bit like a 100NL game with a standard raise to €3.50. The game is loose-passive pre-flop and pretty aggressive post-flop.

Villain is a decent TAG, who always c-bets the flop and fires the turn against me. He has a little over €700 in his stack and I cover. He has been playing 20 hours straight at this point.

I am (to him) a decent TAG, that doesn't get out of line too much. I bet my draws, made hands and whenever there is weakness and I am inclined to fold to overbets when there is a reasonable chance he has what he is representing.

The hand:

It folds to villain who raises to €3.50 in the cut-off. The button folds, I call in the big blind with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and the 'fish' of the table calls in the big blind.

The flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Checked to villain who c-bets €9. I call, fearing I might scare the fish if I raise and perhaps he improves his hand on the turn. Also, I am sure villain fires on any non-spade turn. The fish folds.

The turn is the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I checkraise villain's €25 bet to €100. He calls.

The river is the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I...?

Question 1: What do you do?
Question 2: What do you do if you bet €150 and he pushes?
Question 3: What do you do if you check and he overbets the pot (say €400) or pushes?
Question 4: How do your answers change if the river was the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]?
Old 05-01-2007, 10:01 AM

Default Re: 1400BB deep riverdecision with a set (live)

I think his range here is AA,KK,AK,AJs,TJs,A8

I would bet the river and I think the chances of you being raised on this board are slim.

if villan would never bluff in this spot and would not push a flush then you have to fold to a push but at the time I'm not folding this to anyone anywhere because im not good enough
Old 05-01-2007, 10:02 AM

bet $155, call shove.

with an A rivering, i might bet/fold
Old 05-01-2007, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bet $155, call shove.

with an A rivering, i might bet/fold

[/ QUOTE ]

yea folding here is -EV in my mind even if u lose this one.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think his range here is AA,KK,AK,AJs,TJs,A8

I would bet the river and I think the chances of you being raised on this board are slim.

You forgot A2

if villan would never bluff in this spot and would not push a flush then you have to fold to a push but at the time I'm not folding this to anyone anywhere because im not good enough

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-01-2007, 10:23 AM

For the record, folding on the deuce river isn't an option. In that situation I'm just looking to get maximum value. How about a check-raise here? He will check behind any two pair for sure, but might valuebet a flush.

On the Ad river, he is capable of bluffing me, but I think he knows it would take an overbet or shove to push me off my hand. If I check it to him, he would most likely assume I don't have a good boat (AK, KK, A8) and is very capable of pushing me off my hand. On the other hand, he will most likely check any decent hand that isn't a full house behind me (on the Ad river).