Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2007, 04:53 AM

Default Israeli war report harshly criticizes war in Lebanon

"In extraordinarily strong language, a high-level investigative panel sharply criticized Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert on Monday for "severe failure" in his handling of the war in Lebanon - a potentially fatal blow to his political survival."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6608925.stm
Old 05-01-2007, 10:33 AM

Default Re: Israeli war report harshly criticizes war in Lebanon

related news

Israeli premier defies calls to resign
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070501/ap_o...c9lLe5H7qas0NUE
Old 05-01-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"In extraordinarily strong language, a high-level investigative panel sharply criticized Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert on Monday for "severe failure" in his handling of the war in Lebanon - a potentially fatal blow to his political survival."

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this speaks highly of Israel. Make sure to post the link to the report of the Palestinian internal review panel when you get a chance.

NCAces
Old 05-01-2007, 01:06 PM

Not sure why the Palestinians would need to review the actions of Hezbollah in Lebanon.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this speaks highly of Israel. Make sure to post the link to the report of the Palestinian internal review panel when you get a chance.
NCAces

[/ QUOTE ]
If the democrats force a withdrawal from Iraq, does that speak highly of America? The bottom line is that mistakes like these tend to happen in cultures that devalue the freedom and welfare of others, and have little respect for international law.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NCAces

[/ QUOTE ]

I basically agree. I'm sure you'll also agree that it's a good thing we don't give billions of dollars per year to fund hamas, and hezbollah.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:58 PM

NCAces - I agree with you the a government whose actions can be questioned is better than a government whose actions can't be - clearly the report is a "good thing" in that sense, as is the fact that popular opinion is Israel is staunchly against Olmert

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull

However, what i was pointing to was that often the debate about Israel's actions is more strident in Israel than it is in the US MSM and even on this board. If one goes back and reads the posts from last year during the war for example, one gets the impression from some that all Israelis supported the war and to condemn it meant you were anti-Semitic.

There is considerable amounts of condemnation in Israel by Israelis over the actions of the Israeli state and military in Palestine and other parts of the ME, just as there is considerable support in Palestine by Palestinians for working out a dual-state non-violent resolution to the occupation issue.