Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2007, 01:45 PM

Default Lost again.

Good mid-high limit game at the Borgata. Table is pretty loose preflop but somewhat tight on the turn\river. After missing the blind i post BB\sb on CO and dealt 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Two limpers to me, i check , button raises and all call including BB.
Flop Q86 rainbow with one heart. BB donks, gets a call from somewhere in the middle, i call, button calls.
Turn is 10 completing the rainbow. BB donks again, MP calls and i raise, BB and MP calls. River is a 3 and BB donks again, MP calls and i ?
I think i can use help on every street...
Old 04-30-2007, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Lost again.

ugh with no read, I don't know what his turn call means. And just because of that I think I play the river like a nit [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2007, 02:00 PM

lol meaning I call out of pure confusion. I never fold here.

Is anyone raise/call or raise/folding river ?
Old 04-30-2007, 02:05 PM

I think everything is standard and on the river you should call expecting to be beat by a better two pair but definitely win often enough to justify calling. Unless BB is out of his mind.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:36 PM

a read on BB and MP would help... if the opponents were right a raise on the flop might work cause there's a lot of turn cards that you're going to want to see the river with... but a 3bet or a donk on any turn would suck royally... so the call was probably correct against typical opponents... you're obviously behind but you def have enough to peel here in a pot this size...

river, i would overcall without a read... out of position this is about as strong as it gets from your typical nit at the borg... but you can beat a worse two pair but i don't think you beat enough to raise...
Old 04-30-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a read on BB and MP would help...

[/ QUOTE ]
BB is a winning player who was known for his LAGY style but not nearly as LAGY these days. MP is a retard who overcalls QQ on AKxxx board. I have terrible image if it helps...
Old 04-30-2007, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think everything is standard and on the river you should call expecting to be beat by a better two pair but definitely win often enough to justify calling. Unless BB is out of his mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree, this feels like a scared QT to me
Old 04-30-2007, 05:03 PM

You need help on every street? why? Preflop flop and turn are fine. River is a call I'm pretty sure and I would really expect for you to win this hand a lot of the time.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:47 PM

yeah, if he was overly passive or something i might make a fold... but it's def worth a call here...
Old 05-01-2007, 12:18 AM

You have to call here. Bettor feels like QT but he could have 86 also. Caller could have KQ or the like. I think you're beaten here a lot, but not enough to justify folding. As for raising, I think very few better hands call.