Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2007, 01:37 PM

Default foxwoods 4-8 kings- good fold?

villian is a little oriental lady, played with her before. pretty good player. tight and a little passive. only raises or re-raises with the nuts.
.UTG folds, UTG=1 raises,2 folds to HERO who reraises with 2 black kings, everyone folds.
FLOP: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] UTG+1 bets HERO raises, UTG+1 calls
TURN:Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] UTG+1 bets, HERO folds....
does anyone call down here, is this a proper lawdown. evalution of all streets appreciated thanx.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:47 PM

Default Re: foxwoods 4-8 kings- good fold?

On this flop(overcard + no draws) usually I'd just fold or call down. Based upon your description of villian a fold seems best.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:08 PM

flop raise is not good in my opinion. Id usually just callcallcall here. If ur read is legit u could muck to her flop donk rather than try to showdown, but theres no reason to bloat the pot here and raise. As played turn fold definitely seems best

One thing I will say tho is A hi boards are often bad for 3bettors a third of the time in fr (assuming an AJ or AQ AK and TT+ range) so if u fold to a donk always it will be pretty exploitable she should bet any hand. Really though shes probably just playing her cards if shes really passive, does she ever get aggro or bluff/semi-bluff in HU pots? does she blind steal or play aggro in blind battles and auto cb as the pfr vs 2 or 1 players? if those are true id call the flop and usually the turn sometimes folding the turn or river.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:29 PM

no, from what ive seen of her shes pretty straifgt forward. the flop raise was to get a free look at the turn and river, then reavaluate UI.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:55 PM

Fold to the flop bet.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:04 PM

The early pf raise UTG+1 should represent at least an A with a good kicker (J,Q,A). When the A came, terrible flop. The raise to UTG+1 represents maybe a big A, but regardless, will probably be called down with any A. A fold is a good play here.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:48 PM

Super read-dependent. But if she's really passive and unwilling to make a play, fold flop. Else call-call-call is best.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:10 PM

I've probably made the same flop raise against the same lady at Foxwoods trying to get a free turn or fold out of her. No go for me either. She'll donk with crap on occasion, but unless the pot is large, folding in this situation is probably better against her.

The way to get all her money is to get on her left and play LAG for a while. She'll call any raise preflop and usually any flop bet.