Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2007, 07:44 AM

Default Should I even bet this river?

This is going to sound stupid. Also, PF may be a bit fishy, but I've been card dead an it looked like a good excuse to play a hand and I like playing hands.

OK, so seriously, this guy has to have a big jack or a big draw. I guess there is some chance that he has a set, but not much.

If I bet and he has a missed draw he will fold. If I check he might bluff his missed draw.

Wont he also bet heaps of other worse hands here?

Whatever, maybe I'm being stupid.

Full Tilt 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

River: (11 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets.

Final Pot: 13 BB
Old 04-30-2007, 08:00 AM

Default Re: Should I even bet this river?

Yes, bet. You'll see good hands check behind all the time if you check. He will never ever bet AcQc but he might call with it. Most people will check behind KJ/AJ here, many will check behind QQ/KK/AA, and almost everyone will check behind TT/99 if they got to the river like this.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, so seriously, this guy has to have a big jack or a big draw. I guess there is some chance that he has a set, but not much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bit confused by this. Why can't he have a big PP? They'd all play like this. If you check he'll probably check behind, out of sheer confusion if nothing else. Bet/call.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:28 AM

hero bets. given the action you crush his likely holdings and you dont want this checked through

if he folds, then well you dont have to show your J5 "but it was sooted"...of course you might want him to see it if it will tilt him yo [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

did you have some sort of read that you missed in the OP?
Old 04-30-2007, 08:34 AM

He may have a big PP, but he would probably cap preflop with one of them.

Obviously when I say he has to have whatever, I am still estimating. I am somtimes confused with, but not actually God.

Thanks for the input miles. I don't know why I was confused with this, I guess I was overthinking things.

I put him on a flush draw. Then I thought, if he had AJ/KJ/QJ or whatever, he might bet if I checked to him on the river. He might also bet his busted draw on the "scary" river card

Results:
<font color="white">
I bet, he called and mucked QhJh. miles wins.
</font>
Old 04-30-2007, 08:35 AM

nah, I had no read. I had like 20 hands on him at the time and I was multi-table, so not really paying attention.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:41 AM

pretty sure i call the 3bet and c/r/cap the turn.

as played def bet the river.

he has a high PP like always doesnt he? or maybe AJ/KJs... i dont see why you would think he could have a draw, unless its exactly AcKc or AcQc
Old 04-30-2007, 08:43 AM

Do you guys like villains donk?
Old 04-30-2007, 09:50 AM

easy riv bet sir
Old 04-30-2007, 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He may have a big PP, but he would probably cap preflop with one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, he would have, if you, you know, three-bet.

Someone's gotta say it: fold PF. If you're getting enticed to play crap like this because you're bored, get a desk light and a piece of aluminum foil, and distract yourself with how shiny it is.