Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2007, 04:47 AM

Default kk vs solid player about 300bb deep

villian has been playing good and more aggressive than most. he has either been getting hit with the deck or just been bluff/thin value rasing aggressivly. he hasn't shown down many big pot hands so idk if he had it when people have folded to him on river or he is just bluffing.the last big hand we got involed in i had raised aq pre and he calls. q 2 6 7 10 board and bet flop, he calls,I chk called turn and I chk raised his river half pot 3 times it. he called and had q5s.i was about 200 bb deep then. he is def betting/raising the most at table. pre flop he has been 3betting more than most. i have 3bet him 3 times since we got deep and he has folded oop to me so far. this time he calls and the flop is yucky. idk i felt dirty leading and folding to raise. so i was gonna go into c/c mode. my main question is should i just bet flop and take it from there or chk 300bb deep vs an aggressive player.i 100% feel he is capable of rasing flop on a bluff this deep vs me.
Sports Exchange (WSEX) - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $2/$4 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

<font color="black">Hero (SB): $1174.23</font>
BB: $263.48
UTG: $1149.65
BTN: $499.44

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $14</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $53</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $39

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($106) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $82</font>, Hero calls $82

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($270) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $280</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $280 returned to UTG

Pot Size: $270 ($2 Rake)
Old 04-30-2007, 05:54 AM

Default Re: kk vs solid player about 300bb deep

i pretty much never check this flop. if he is playing pretty laggy then there are too many scary turn cards and u get urself into a pretty sick spot. You do mention that he hasnt called ur 3bet OOP yet, so its more than likely that he had something to call u with pf. Any info on 3bets he has called before and got to showdown with?

Im pretty sure i bet the flop tho im not totally sure what i do if he comes over the top...i would seriously consider folding tho. If he calls the c-bet im bombing any brick turn obv.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
villian has been playing good and more aggressive than most.

the last big hand we got involed in i had raised aq pre and he calls. q 2 6 7 10 board and bet flop, he calls,I chk called turn and I chk raised his river half pot 3 times it. he called and had q5s.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Looks like a player I want my stack in ASAP with KK here.

[ QUOTE ]
idk i felt dirty leading and folding to raise. so i was gonna go into c/c mode. my main question is should i just bet flop and take it from there or chk 300bb deep vs an aggressive player.i 100% feel he is capable of rasing flop on a bluff this deep vs me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't understand the way you played after you've pointed out so many reasons to bet the flop and never fold the hand.

Why would you bet/fold KK on that board against a guy who's capable of raising with air and who would never fold an overpair?
Old 04-30-2007, 05:57 AM

when you check this flop everything gets messed up and it makes your decisions 10000x harder
Old 04-30-2007, 05:57 AM

Bet flop here... its likely he is going to be playing for pot control with the hands you beat- 99-QQ, which make up a substantial part of his range. Its very unlikely he bluff raises you on this board imo.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet flop here... its likely he is going to be playing for pot control with the hands you beat- 99-QQ

[/ QUOTE ]
He's folded few times against OP's pf 3-bets + he's been aggressive postflop -&gt; villain is going to raise his overpairs on the flop
Old 04-30-2007, 06:56 AM

Bet the flop of course, but omg this fold is horrible.... you showed weakness and he jumped on it. We know nothing about his hand. Even if we are behind we still have outs against anything except AsXs and AsAx
Old 04-30-2007, 08:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet flop here... its likely he is going to be playing for pot control with the hands you beat- 99-QQ, which make up a substantial part of his range. Its very unlikely he bluff raises you on this board imo.

[/ QUOTE ] Given the Q5 hand it doesn't look like villain knows what pot control is.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:08 AM

as strange and weak as it seems, im not sure i mind this all that much. its only one pair, ya know? when playing out of position this deep against a super aggressive player, shying away from spots like these cant ever be all that bad imo. that being said, i probably bet flop - hes not gonna let u go to showdown cheaply if u show weakness like this.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
villian has been playing good and more aggressive than most.

the last big hand we got involed in i had raised aq pre and he calls. q 2 6 7 10 board and bet flop, he calls,I chk called turn and I chk raised his river half pot 3 times it. he called and had q5s.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Looks like a player I want my stack in ASAP with KK here.

[ QUOTE ]
idk i felt dirty leading and folding to raise. so i was gonna go into c/c mode. my main question is should i just bet flop and take it from there or chk 300bb deep vs an aggressive player.i 100% feel he is capable of rasing flop on a bluff this deep vs me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't understand the way you played after you've pointed out so many reasons to bet the flop and never fold the hand.

Why would you bet/fold KK on that board against a guy who's capable of raising with air and who would never fold an overpair?

[/ QUOTE ]

heres the things guys. he in not a donk. i know donkeys and he isnt one even if he showed q5s in positiion deepish. he will not get 99-qq in there for 300bb on this board.if i bet and call a raise there are a million cards that suck that i would have to make a big call down oop.my hand is 100% face up to him if i bet call flop and he can play according and he will trust me.i thinks bet fold sucks vs some1 that will raise air/strong hand/draw here because board is easy to do that on this deep.i normally bet flop 95% of time but vs this player this deep idk if thats better than just c/c down.