Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2007, 12:03 PM

Default HE player\'s desease: overvaluing non-nut FD+OESD?

Bodog PLO25

all stacks are $25.

Hero dealt 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on button

4 limpers, Hero calls on button, SB folds, BB calls.

7 players, $1.75
Flop 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG bets .25, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, MP3 raises to 2.75, Hero calls ...

I have OESD+ 9hi FD, 15 outs total (and a pair, whatever that's worth), I don't see myself folding these. After I thought about it, I should've repotted because by calling I encourage Ax[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] to stay in, but by re-potting I can buy myself the club outs. Anybody re-pot here?

UTG repots to $12 something, UTG+1 folds, MP3 folds, Hero?

with the money already in the pot I think I shouldn't mind stacking off. It looks like I am up against KK.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:09 PM

Default Re: HE player\'s desease: overvaluing non-nut FD+OESD?

It's very difficult at any stakes to force out the nut flush draw on the flop, unless the person holding it isn't a donkey AND you've convinced him it's not worth it.

Two issues with this hand. First, this is obviously playable from the button, sometimes even raisable, but it's still a potential trap hand, and this is a trap flop. It's not a hand that can consistently give you good edges, and as such is foldable preflop if you're not too comfortable postflop in spots like this.

Secondly: you have only 3 nut outs and are engaging in a multiway pot. Calling here is awful, it encourages even the king-high flush draw to want to peel off a card (presumably with a look to developing into ttp + 2nfd). Folding is best as you could be up against a wide array of dominating hands from MP3 - in fact, you're best off here when he does have a set. In any case, if you want to continue with this hand postflop, you do in fact want to raise, not necessarily the pot, but enough to encourage others to fold and free up as many of your outs as you can.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:03 PM

Your hand has very little value in a multiway pot on that flop. You absolutely have to raise to clean up your outs or fold the flop.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Flop 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG bets .25, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, MP3 raises to 2.75, Hero calls ...

[/ QUOTE ]
grossssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Old 04-30-2007, 07:12 AM

I don't mind a raise to try to get it all-in here, since you do have the pair in your hand and won't be in terrible shape against a bigger draw. At these stakes though, you're probably better off just folding as people will have a hard time releasing weak flush draws and you really don't want a multi-way pot here.

Calling is definitely the worst option as it encourages everyone to stay in and outside of an offsuit 2, you really don't know which cards are good for you.