Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2007, 11:20 AM

Default Q8s BB

UTG in this hand is just a typical bad loose passive old guy.

CO gets his own paragraph because he's a little strange. He's this old guy who plays very strangely and all out of sorts. Every hand that gets shown down, whether he's in the hand or not, he takes out a notepad and writes down what hand won the pot. He has different pages for different hands like flush, straight, trips, etc. He's been raising a decent amount preflop this session and mixing in all sorts of weird bluffs at the wrong times, like randomly donking the turn after check calling the flop and a total brick hits.

Ok so the hand: We're like 6 or 7 handed, UTG limps, CO raises, I call in BB with Q8dd, limper calls.

Flop is Kd7d3c. I bet because I've been donking all sorts of hands this session and typically just annoying people. UTG calls, CO calls.

Turn is 6s. I check, UTG checks, CO bets, I raise, UTG calls, CO folds.

River is 2d. I bet, UTG raises, I call.

Comments on all streets appreciated.

Edit/ It may be important to note that I planned on betting all rivers once UTG called.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:40 AM

Default Re: Q8s BB

i like a turn bet.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i like a turn bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Crap when you wrote that I realized I got the turn card wrong. It's fixed now. I didn't have a pair I still just had queen high.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Ok so the hand: We're like 6 or 7 handed, UTG limps, CO raises, I call in BB with Q8dd, limper calls.

Flop is Kd7d3c. I bet because I've been donking all sorts of hands this session and typically just annoying people. UTG calls, CO calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet on the flop was not such a good move. You don't need me to tell you that the reason you give for betting is not sound poker logic.

You're only getting 2-1 odds on your flop bet, which isn't good enough to bet a flush draw for value. You're not going to buy yourself a free card when acting first, and you might get raised. And if your opponents are such weak players, you don't gain any value by mixing up your play. So just check and call.

All your other plays look fine.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet on the flop was not such a good move. You don't need me to tell you that the reason you give for betting is not sound poker logic.

You're only getting 2-1 odds on your flop bet, which isn't good enough to bet a flush draw for value. You're not going to buy yourself a free card when acting first, and you might get raised. And if your opponents are such weak players, you don't gain any value by mixing up your play. So just check and call.

[/ QUOTE ]

But I have a lot of bluff equity on this flop. On a board as broken as this where I hold the only draw, I'm putting in some sort of action whether it be check-raising or betting out. It's way too easy for this flop to completely miss both of my opponents.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But I have a lot of bluff equity on this flop. On a board as broken as this where I hold the only draw, I'm putting in some sort of action whether it be check-raising or betting out. It's way too easy for this flop to completely miss both of my opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree, so i'd c/r and give the guy in the middle more incetive to get lost.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet on the flop was not such a good move. You don't need me to tell you that the reason you give for betting is not sound poker logic...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At reasoning like this, all I can do is roll my antennae.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

CO gets his own paragraph because he's a little strange. He's this old guy who plays very strangely and all out of sorts. Every hand that gets shown down, whether he's in the hand or not, he takes out a notepad and writes down what hand won the pot. He has different pages for different hands like flush, straight, trips, etc. He's been raising a decent amount preflop this session and mixing in all sorts of weird bluffs at the wrong times, like randomly donking the turn after check calling the flop and a total brick hits.

[/ QUOTE ]
wow i can now see where
this guy is coming from cause
EXACTLY every 10th hand
youre gonna hit a flush
not the 9th or the 11th
and certainly not the 7th
for thats when
youll hit a straight

tell him to keep up the good work
that trend analysis will come in real handy

lol

im never suprised by some of the
bizarre antics of live players
they never cease to amaze me

anyways onto the hand....

c/r CO on flop

this river brings up
a good live situation

3bet river

he can easily have a worse flush often here
wide open limping range any two soooted cards

the way you describe this opponent
he seems like your typical old nit
a lot of times theyll doublecheck
their cards as if asking themselves
how can he be raising me?
i thought i had the nuts
wait let me see...
i do! i can raise again!

now you can fold
to a 4th bet
Old 04-29-2007, 02:40 PM

UTG has all combos of suited-connected diamonds and hands like 54s to be 3-betting this river if this is California.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet on the flop was not such a good move. You don't need me to tell you that the reason you give for betting is not sound poker logic...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At reasoning like this, all I can do is roll my antennae.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf are you talking about?