Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2007, 10:41 AM

Default Criticism at the table loses you money.

We all should know that poker talk at the table is bad. Talk about anything just not poker. We all should know critisizing bad players and in effect coaching ever one at the table is bad. I just dont get it when it seems like good players cant control the Bob Knight inside of them at the table. We should all make a point to let the coach at the table know he is a retard so he stfup, cause he costs us all money.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:17 PM

Default Re: Criticism at the table loses you money.

Old 04-29-2007, 01:27 PM

Actually, the table coach is telling you exactly how he plays so that can be good info.

But otherwise, yes he may be causing fish to tighten up and/or leave the table which is -EV for you.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:00 PM

I have only lost my temper and berated another player twice at the poker table. Once it actually was benificial as the guy has literally donated thousands to me since in rediculous pots because he thinks I am out to get him and constantly trying to bluff him.
The other time the guy folded an underfull to my shove with top full an hr later because I honestly think he didn't want to take any more of my money and felt bad about sucking out on me. He was generally a nice guy and was wealthy and there purely for recreation and I don't think he is at all capable of folding that hand purely because he thinks he's beat. I should have just kept my mouth shut. That being said I pretty much always do in both cases I was just having a really bad day and my temper got the best of me.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We all should know that poker talk at the table is bad. Talk about anything just not poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure. How about going to a baseball game and talk about anything but baseball...

There's a difference between talking poker and coaching/berating. Personally, I like people talking poker. Many they literally tell me how they play.

b
Old 04-29-2007, 03:03 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

[ QUOTE ]
Criticism at the table loses you money.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can talk about poker, talk about Omaha 8 at the holdem table. Talk about the PLO game and how big the pots are, talk about TV poker. Just don't tap the aquarium, and yes it is often difficult to STFU when you are stuck and the suckouts seem endless, but it is the right thing to do.

Now that I am a member of the headphone club, I don't talk as much at the table.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We all should know that poker talk at the table is bad. Talk about anything just not poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure. How about going to a baseball game and talk about anything but baseball...

There's a difference between talking poker and coaching/berating. Personally, I like people talking poker. Many they literally tell me how BAD they play.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

Let them talk, please talk my ear off, tell me my play was horrible...but, How come my stack is bigger than yours?

P [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]