Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2007, 03:32 AM

Default I don\'t get it

Can't figure out what this guy was thinking. Anyone play my hand differently?

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $0.25 BB (9 handed) internettexasholdem.com

UTG+1 ($30)
MP1 ($9)
MP2 ($18.40)
MP3 ($14.15)
CO ($20.55)
Button ($49.05)
Hero ($25)
BB ($27.65)
UTG ($16.80)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $0.25, MP1 calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $1.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4.75</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $4.50, MP1 folds, CO folds, Button calls $3.50.

Flop: ($15) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $14.25</font>, UTG+1 folds, Button calls $14.25.

Turn: ($43.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6 (All-In)</font>, Button calls $6.

River: ($55.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $55.50

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ks Ad As 8d (one pair, aces).
Button has 2h 6c 8h 3d (a straight deuce to six).

Outcome: Button wins $55.50. </font>
Old 04-29-2007, 05:01 AM

Default Re: I don\'t get it

bad play on your part before the flop imo. you created a very big pot heads-up out of position vs an opponent who could be very sure what you had while you had no idea of his hand at all. i dont think he would call that flop if he didnt know you have aces and he would stack you with any two pair. i like the flop bet as he obv didnt think you had the nfd which killed quite a few of his outs, you cant avoid that all-in on the turn. i think he had the odds for both the flop ( 2 to 1 with 35 % equity) and the turn call.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bad play on your part before the flop imo.

[/ QUOTE ]
Isn't AAK8ss a premium hand? Also doesn't Hero's hand play much better w/ less players, which favors a preflop reraise?

I don't see how else you could've played this postflop.

As far as villain's thought process, it's probably along the lines of "I have a straight draw", and not much else.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:18 AM

i m not saying its a bad hand or its not a hand you should raise before the flop. i d just prefer NOT playing it face up and oop in a big pot.

as for villains thoughts: maybe you re right. the other day, i flopped top set and got called by a guy with bottom pair, no flush draw, no str8 draw. turn brings up a str8 draw, he calls pot the second time and sucks out on the river ...
Old 04-29-2007, 08:45 AM

bad beat. next hand.

I would 3-bang this preflop more times than not for the reasons that Ralph said. AAxxds also holds it's own in multi-way pots. Also, letting a 25PLO player know what you're hand is doesn't mean he's going to outplay you.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:39 AM

He was actually a 53% favourite over a random AA** combination. He couldn't know that you had the NFD, that's why he called all the way since he had a good chance to improve, knowing that you had aces.
I don't know, eventhough this hand is a premium I don't like building a big pot oop. It's just too obvious what you have and your opponents can simply adjust to this situation.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:08 PM

Incredibly standard hand. Villain was pretty hopefull in his play on all streets.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He was actually a 53% favourite over a random AA** combination. He couldn't know that you had the NFD, that's why he called all the way since he had a good chance to improve, knowing that you had aces.
I don't know, eventhough this hand is a premium I don't like building a big pot oop. It's just too obvious what you have and your opponents can simply adjust to this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

so he got a pretty decent flop for him, and he's still only 50-50 against random aces, and less against op's premium aces. not re-raising this PF is criminal.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bad play on your part before the flop imo. you created a very big pot heads-up out of position vs an opponent who could be very sure what you had while you had no idea of his hand at all. i dont think he would call that flop if he didnt know you have aces and he would stack you with any two pair. i like the flop bet as he obv didnt think you had the nfd which killed quite a few of his outs, you cant avoid that all-in on the turn. i think he had the odds for both the flop ( 2 to 1 with 35 % equity) and the turn call.

[/ QUOTE ]
he has half a buyin at the table, ur an idiot
Old 04-30-2007, 02:45 AM

Um, so far as I know, Stars only lets you buy in for 100 bbs. So that would make all relevant stacks in this hand . . . decidedly not half buy-ins.