Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2007, 01:42 AM

Default 5th Season of Penn and Teller: BS

Anyone else following this show? I saw season 4 and thought the show had kind of gone downhill, but was still watchable. Season 5 is a lot better than season 4 so far. The Wal-Mart episode might be one of the best episodes ever. I thought it was extremely interesting. So far I have only seen that one, but its better than most if not all of season 4.

So who else is watching this and which episodes did you guys like?
Old 04-28-2007, 02:18 AM

Default Re: 5th Season of Penn and Teller: BS

They really suck when they do political stuff, because they are out of their league, and it basically violates the premise and spirit of the show. Hating wal-mart can't be true or untrue in the same way that magnet therapy or communicating with the dead or predicting the end-times can. It's better when they expose hoaxsters or new age people. They're pretty much turning the show into "this is my opinion and people who disagree with it are just BS."
Old 04-28-2007, 02:35 AM

I prefer when they do stuff like the magnets or the excorism one, but the Wallmart one does fit IMO. Some people dislike Walmart or other things for irrational reasons, and they're calling them on it
Old 04-28-2007, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I prefer when they do stuff like the magnets or the excorism one, but the Wallmart one does fit IMO. Some people dislike Walmart or other things for irrational reasons, and they're calling them on it

[/ QUOTE ]

that doesn't mean hating walmart is BS. There are good reasons to hate Wal-Mart. For example, if I'm pro-union, I would hate wal-mart, because wal-mart breaks the law and fires employees that are pro-union. What's BS about that?

I don't think I'm being too biased here. I think I'd feel the same way if they had a show titled "republicanism is BS!"
I dislike the republican party, but being republican isn't BS. There are good reasons for some people to be republican. Like if you are rich and want less taxes, then that's a valid reason to be republican. I might disagree with your motives, but they aren't BS.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:51 AM

Watch the episode its very interesting, they really show that there are some legitimate reasons to hate walmart, but that most people hate them for no good reason.

The immigration one was good, just watched it.

They also did one on breast feeding for some reason. GREATEST EPISODE EVER!
Old 04-28-2007, 10:33 AM

I really liked the Walmart episode.
They finally seem to be getting back on track again since the last season.
Here is a link if anyone wants to view the google video of it.

Penn & Teller: Wal-mart hatred is bullsh*t

If you got 26 minutes its worth the time IMHO.
Old 04-28-2007, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"this is my opinion and people who disagree with it are just BS."

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i like the idea behind the show, but i think its totally unwatchable thanks to stuff like this that go on...

¨here we are interviewing mike smith from big tobacco, listen to this [censored] liar talk about the health benefits¨
Old 04-28-2007, 11:01 AM

the last girl they took the shirt off of, WOW, incredible breasts
Old 04-28-2007, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"this is my opinion and people who disagree with it are just BS."

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i like the idea behind the show, but i think its totally unwatchable thanks to stuff like this that go on...

¨here we are interviewing mike smith from big tobacco, listen to this [censored] liar talk about the health benefits¨

[/ QUOTE ]they explain in the first episode that if they call people liars and quacks and scams they can get sued but if they use swear words to describe people they can't get sued.

I personally like the political stuff the most. Maybe it's b/c I closely view politics similarly to them, but who knews. Anyways, if you take out the "democrats and republicans are [censored]" and change it in your mind to "here are our views presented in a funny way" it might help. I'm surprised anyone is against the political episodes. It sounds like you only like the episodes that you end up agreeing with.

Also, my opinion of season 5 is that it is about average, except they decided that nudity is required in every episode.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's better when they expose hoaxsters or new age people. They're pretty much turning the show into "this is my opinion and people who disagree with it are just BS."

[/ QUOTE ]
Couldn't agree more, I'm still watching this season but I'm getting fed up with it. This last episode about immigration pissed me off pretty bad.