Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2007, 07:26 PM

Default 25NL - KK, 3bet pot, is this a fold?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $51.30
BB: $20.65
UTG: $22.75
<font color="black">Hero (CO): $27.65</font>
BTN: $113.90

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt K K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.75</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3</font>, 3 folds, UTG calls $2.25

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($6.35) 2 J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4.10</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $8.20</font>

Villain hadn't been at the table for very long, but he bought in a little bit short and seemed fairly weak-tight. Over 34 hands I have him running around 24/12/1. My image is probably very TAGy, something like 18/14/3 or so. I had raised up a few of his open limps and taken down the pot with a cbet, but I don't think I'd been 3betting very much since he sat down.

Easy fold? Or shove? What do you think villain's range is here for check/min-raising the flop?
Old 04-27-2007, 07:35 PM

Default Re: 25NL - KK, 3bet pot, is this a fold?

yuck...this is kinda gross. Since you've put show much already in the pot, I think you probably have to push.

But I can't really guess villain's range.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:13 PM

What do you put him on here 22? Maybe a draw? This could be one of two things.
A) A min raise because hes scared you may have something but he still wants to make a stand if you have cbet him a few times.
B) A min raise to keep you in the pot or to increase the pot.

I cant really get his range either but I vote Pooooosh then profit/reload.

I think its really gotta either be top pair, 2 pair, draw, set, more of which you are beating, i say POOOOOOOSHHHHH
Old 04-27-2007, 08:13 PM

Any other comments?
Old 04-27-2007, 09:17 PM

I dump it all in. Really don't think you have a choice without a better read. Even then I would still probably be all in [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-27-2007, 09:21 PM

Villain is 24/12/1, bet preflop and called your 3-bet
Check-raise on flop.
A fold would be sick here, but AQ is probably the bottom of his range here. QQ, JJ, KK/AA sometimes. QJ? A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]? KQ?
Villain would probably c/r any of those hands in this position to snap off your aggression.
The pot is so big that a call all but commits you (Villain has ~ 1/2 PSB left) to the hand.

I shove, but I don't feel good doing it. (Don't know how much of it is ego not willing to fold KK)
Old 04-27-2007, 09:38 PM

The check raise on the flop would scare the dickens out of me. Why would he do that with a drawing hand? A draw would either block bet or check/call. An overpair with no help is not strong, you have 2 outs along with a bd fl/str8 draw that could still loose to a full if the board pairs.

I'd probably fold in most cases since he might have called with Qs, but then I usually fold to a check/raise. On the other hand, half his stack is in so you could justify a push since it is possible he called with AQ since you raise a lot pre-flop. Since he called your raise pre-flop heads up and you have an aggressive image this might be a possibility. He could have thought you were continuation betting AK or something.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:55 PM

Ugly flop bro. If you were ahead of JJ or QQ, you're not now. You're behind AA, QQ, JJ and only ahead of AK and AQ...ugh.

Personally, it'd be tough, but that flop is so bad, I think I find a muck there. Just too many hands you're behind. His AF dictates that you are RARELY ahead here.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:59 PM

muck
Old 04-28-2007, 12:22 AM

Thanks everyone for the comments - I in fact pushed (I think my exact thoughts were "wtf - i have kings biatch!"), and he flipped over QQ to take down the pot.

Also, quick 2p2 etiquette question (newb) - I was originally gonna put more of my own opinions about the hand into the post (I came to the same conclusion as a lot of you, that this should have been a fold - I think his range is extremely compact, and dominated by JJ and QQ - even including AQ is probably optimistic). So yeah, good decision to leave out the touchy-feely stuff?

Anyway, guess I just gotta learn how to make these folds...