Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2007, 05:59 PM

Default 50$ 30k guaranteed; Tough spot with KK

Ok, here are my thoughts.

The guy who reraised me has already tangled with me before.
I raised in the hijack with AK he repoped, i shoved...after investing 1/4 of his stack, he called me with QQ after thinking almost the whole timebank. So he`s somewhat nitty and was prolly close to folding...btw, i lost the flip.

My image was decent aggro. Didnt do anything crazy so far. Ok then this hand....
I didnt wanna push PF, because i think he`s capable of folding lots of stuff this deep so i called and wanted to stack QQ/JJ etc on a nice flop. Obv is was willing to stack off if he had AA.
Ok, so here we have this ugly flop. I planned to c/fold it, right? anybody playing different here?
Ok, turn is ridic easy fold...just curious what everybody does , if nit bets the flop. I didnt really care about the other caller. He was pretty fishy and could really have anything.

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t50 (9 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

Hero (t6470)
UTG+1 (t4615)
MP1 (t5765)
MP2 (t3168)
MP3 (t2932)
CO (t3295)
Button (t4210)
SB (t2975)
BB (t3445)

Preflop: Hero is in UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero raises to t150</font>, UTG+1 calls t150, <font color="red">MP1 raises to t500</font>, <font color="gray">MP2 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP3 folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>, Hero calls t350, UTG+1 calls t350

Flop: (t1575) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks

Turn: (t1575) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG+1 bets t300</font>, MP1 calls t300, <font color="gray">Hero folds</font>
Old 04-27-2007, 06:35 PM

Default Re: 50$ 30k guaranteed; Tough spot with KK

A flop this precarious for our hand i think i lead. I also think you have the option of reraising pre that isn't a shove. If you think villain is super tight then he's reraising range should be pretty slim so you might get him to stack off.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:02 PM

bet flop. if raised tough laydown but one i think is correct to make, taking into account the cards on the turn u r going to hate ( alot BTW)
Old 04-27-2007, 07:26 PM

I think I would still re-raise preflop because of the UTG+1, but given your read that MP1 is a nit and might fold
QQ/JJ to a re-raise, smooth calling is fine also. On the flop i would lead out for 800-900. If MP1 raises your flop bet, you should fold, he either has AA or just flopped a set of Q's. If he smooth calls he prolly has AhK and maybe JJ. As played very easy fold on the turn.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A flop this precarious for our hand i think i lead. I also think you have the option of reraising pre that isn't a shove. If you think villain is super tight then he's reraising range should be pretty slim so you might get him to stack off.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing with reraising (not pushing PF is, that it looks so damn, strong, whereas if i push, i at least give him the chance to "put me on AK"...).
The other thing is that a push might make him fold the bitches and AK. Maybe he`ll only call with AA...
As i said in OP, he used the hole time bank to make a trivial call with QQ...
Old 04-28-2007, 03:18 AM

still the pot preflop is &gt;10% your stack so its not too bad even if he folds to your push preflop.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:49 AM

re-raise preflop with ~1000!

You want to get as much chips as possible into the pot before the flop, preferably all you have!
Old 04-28-2007, 06:05 AM

PF I think a reraise is necessary but I also think it kinda sucks because unless opponent is an idiot you're not getting it in vs. a worse hand

Anyway you can't really continue on this board, obviously, but I'd put more in PF