Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2007, 04:55 PM

Default A2 vs idiot

Villain is 50/30. Earlier he capped 96s vs a 3 bet, and c/ced QJ5 flop with 54 and c/rd the turn. Is pf ok? Am I stuck calling down here? Am I folding any turns and/or river?

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $2/$4
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, 3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (9.5SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero
Old 04-27-2007, 05:04 PM

Default Re: A2 vs idiot

i usually fold pf here (which might be bad; i'm not sure). even with plans of isolating a lagtard, i usually want a better hand.

post flop, you can probably peel one i guess. i would fold the turn UI though. your hand isn't doing too well against even a retard's range here
Old 04-27-2007, 05:15 PM

"Earlier he capped 96s vs a 3 bet"

what did he do after that?

but yeah I'm generally looking to showdown. also, I fold pf when i'm playing well.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:31 PM

Muck preflop.

1)Your reverse implied odds stink.

2)The two is virtually worthless.

3) Three people are left to act behind you. If they join the hand you are likely waaaay behind, if you're not already.

4) He will go to showdown with any piece if he is as laggy as you describe, except even lag's fear an ace and he will likely flee.

So, Bring more ammo. He fights with anything. A tad more selectivity is your advantage.

Pick a different fight.

Postflop you could be consistent and go to showdown, but I hate playing that way. It's essentially ceding control over the hand.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:32 PM

Fold PF, the thought is good, but A2, even suited, isn't quite enough

As played, I probably fold flop as I can't really imagine a worse one for you.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:37 PM

just to clarify on the PF thing, Carpe's best fold argument (IMO) was #3 --- the other players in the hand. your implied odds are actually pretty good here because this guy is awful. But the biggest concern is the other players.

the important thing to keep track of at a great table like this is how the other players are reacting. sometimes they start calling three cold more, sometimes they cap more, and sometimes they pucker up and wait for a monster. If they're folding a lot raising here becomes much more attractive. If I'm playing this live and I look over and the other guys look like they're folding I think raising is fine. but generally people react by loosening up their standards so the default should be to fold.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just to clarify on the PF thing, Carpe's best fold argument (IMO) was #3 --- the other players in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree w/ this. if you were pretty sure you could get this hand HU, then A2s isn't too bad w/ position against this retard, especially if he's going to spew postflop. but in many cases, your opponents are going to recognize what you're doing here. you don't want to play this hand 3 ways for 3 (or 4) bets imo
Old 04-28-2007, 01:21 PM

wow i would fold this pre anyway because even retards get good hands and that he 3bet woth 96s doesnt meannhe does this always..50/30 means basiccly that he plays any Ace any facecards and good looking suited hands when he feels like it
Old 04-28-2007, 01:54 PM

yeah, i agree. i'd have to stove it, but A2s might not be good enough even HU w/ position. i didn't say it wasn't bad, just that it wouldn't be TOO bad if you could definitely get it HU (which you can't)
Old 04-28-2007, 01:59 PM

the point is if he has an ace youre toast and if he has none your not getting much value + youre talking your self into calling with worst A even if he when he capped pre because he once 3b with 96s...this is bad and its gonna be very frustrating paying him off. Just muck it and stay happy