Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2007, 03:47 AM

Default Yahoo opens up a real money poker site

The site

Random article

Could it be a fishy site for a while? No PT/PAHUD support though I presume [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] so I probably won't bother.

It spells good things for poker though (more competition = more fish, less rake).
Old 04-27-2007, 06:28 AM

Default Re: Yahoo opens up a real money poker site

I've just sent an e-mail to Yahoo Poker.
As soon as I receive an answer, I'll keep the forum updated.

[ QUOTE ]
Hello support!

I registered but did not deposited money yet. I've a few questions before that you would be very kind to answer. Hopefully you may find some of those questions important and add them to your FAQ and/or House Policies.

1) My NETeller is in USD ($). But, I had to make the registration in EUR or GBD. It means that I will lose on conversion fees at the deposit (and, if I'm lucky, at cash-out).
Is it possible to label the poker ID in USD?
What is YahooPoker politic on conversion fees?

2) When playing more than one table at a time, is it possible to tile the tables?
They seem to be superposed and accessible via a tab, thus only one visible at a time.

3) Are the hand histories stored somewhere?
This is usefull for reviewing your play.

4) Is there a community forum for the players? Is the poker ID linked to the Yahoo ID? Is it possible to send a Private Message to a particular poker ID? (note: the point is not to cheat about the hand, but to brag, discuss strategies and life in general)

5) Tables are labelled in USD, GBP, EUR, TRY,.. What is the conversion fee? Is it the same at sitting down and sitting up? (I hope so).

6) What is the Policy for server crash in tournaments?
It should be along the lines of: Before the tournament starts: All players re-imbursed buy-ins and fees.
After start but before the money: Prize pool divided equaly among remaining players. Eliminated players do not get re-imbursed. In the money: Players who already got a prize keep it. Other players still in the race get the remaining prize pool divided equaly among remainging players. Alternatively, weighted accordingly to chip stack at the time of server crash.

7) I see that Yahoo Poker uses the Boss Media AS sofware. Is it on the International Poker Network also?

Thank you for reading.
Best regards,

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-27-2007, 05:47 PM

Meh, looks browser based, so u can't multi table that [censored] son.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:38 AM

Here is the answer:
[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for your email regarding your Yahoo! Poker account.

We are very happy that you have noticed our new product.

We will try to give as good answer as possible in regards to your queries;

1) Please send an email to support@paymentresponse.com, they handle any queries regarding depositing money on Yahoo! Poker and they can give you an accurate response in regards to your query.

2) As for tiling tables, this feature is not available for the moment, however we will take your suggestion into consideration as we are improving the software on an ongoing basis.

3) They hand history can not be viewed from the users end at the time being, however if you are querying about a particular hand our support team can help you out.

4) The Poker ID and the Yahoo ID are not linked in anyway, only way to communicate with other Yahoo! poker players is via the poker table chat.

5) We can confirm that the exchange is the same when sitting down and leaving tables with different currencies.

6) In the case of a server crash our Poker Management team takes a decision on the refund structure according to several different basises.

7) Yes, Yahoo! Poker is integrated in the IPN Poker Network.

Thank you for your feedback and we hope that this email has a positive effect on your gaming experience.

If we can be of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-28-2007, 08:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Meh, looks browser based, so u can't multi table that [censored] son.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a Flash application, however you can multi-table.
I've tried it: there's a tab for each window. However, since they are on top of each other it is not very convenient.