Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2007, 06:43 AM

Default confidence

Over the past 5 months I have played 18k hands on .10/.20 with 1.9bb/100 win rate. In this last week or so within a couple thousand hands I have lost 100bb and cant not climb out. Win rate is now just above 1bb/100. I have a couple of winning sessions and then lose it all back in a losing session. Starting to question my strategies are sound.

Two questions. Is 18k hands a flash in the pan or is that a large enough sample with 1.9bbb/100 to show consistent play? If this slump continues, how long before I start thinking something is wrong with my play?
Old 04-26-2007, 07:12 AM

Default Re: confidence

1) Probably not. However, your major stats at least should show something. Look at your VPIP, PFR, WTSD and W$SD. Compare them with the FAQ.

2) There is always something wrong with your play. Go find it if you want to get better.

Drop down if you become under-rolled for your current limit.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:14 AM

Sounds like tilt, maybe post a few hands and let the micros rip you a new one [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 04-26-2007, 07:19 AM

If your stats are correct, you've made ~350bb at your current level. Downswings are a part of the game and a 100bb downswing isn't anything worth talking about, really.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:22 AM

I understand 100bb downswing happens. Now im just stagnent. I dont know how long before I start questioning if something is wrong.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:33 AM

Well, it seems you are doing better than you were when you posted this post in which you got a fair bit of good advice. Do you believe you have taken it all on board?

You arent crushing 10c/20c so you are either very unlucky or you still have leaks. I do suspect that you arent equipped to find them leaks yourselves or you would have by now. Im not saying you are but just in case, be careful about blaming luck on not winning as much because that will hinder development. I know, ive been there, done that and still do to a certain degree.

IMHO if you want to keep getting better then you need to get involved in the forum, do session reviews and stop trying to do it all by yourself. You dont want to have to make another post like this in a years time...you want to be crushing the games you are playing. Seriously.

feel free to post screenshots of your stats in this thread but only do so if you are geniune about listening to the advice given.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:27 AM

Only 100bb? Wait till you drop that in a session. If you can't handle losing you need to find a different hobby.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:54 AM

Im not posting #'s from lower levels because they would skew this level. I was crushing .02/.04 and .10/.20 with a win rate of 5 bb/100

As requested here are my stats for .10/.20
Hands 17,940
VPIP 15.76
WSF 28.97
WTSD 27.10
W$@SD 57.38
PF Raise 6.20
Total AF 3.97

I know recently im being to passive post flop. Not calling raising and reraising with strong hands. And I am not calling down enough. Just been hit in the gut so many times letely that Im a bit gun shy. Thanks for reviewing these numbers for me. And yes I will take the advice to heart. As you can see, I have been really trying to improve and have. BUt I know there is always room for improvement.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how long before I start thinking something is wrong with my play?

[/ QUOTE ]

You should always be questioning your play, every hand- every decision. Regardless of short or long term results.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:09 AM

I agree with you poker plan. YOu should always try to learn from your play. But I know if I over analyze every hand, I ended tightening up so bad that I only end playing monsters and I know thats not good. So I try to analyze sessions and not individual hands. Gets me in trouble.