Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2007, 11:01 PM

Default 100 NL TPGK against flop minraise/FD on board

I have some notes on villain. I have been playing with him for about 1.5 hours. He has a big stack and has been floating with low pair, chasing draws when he shouldn't, etc., but getting lucky.

Hero is SB with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($130)
Villain is hijack ($320)

preflop action:
UTG limps, villain limps, CO limps, Hero raises to $7, BB folds, UTG calls, villain calls, CO calls

flop (4 players; pot: $28): Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero bets $20, UTG folds, villain minraises to $40, CO folds, Hero...?

I don't respect villain much but he hasn't really been that aggro either. The spade draw makes me suspicious too. Anyways I wasn't really sure whether to raise or fold here.

Also, how often do people raise flop with FDs? Should you do it and when? Do you think alot of players do it?
Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:57 AM

Default Re: 100 NL TPGK against flop minraise/FD on board

PF - I don't like your raise from the SB with KQ. Big offsuit cards, OOP, in a multiway pot - you are setting yourself up for tough decisions later in the hand. What are you trying to accomplish with this raise? (just asking, not trying to be sarcastic or condescending)

As played, the Flop - I think the bet is fine, but here is where your PF raise gets you into trouble, as the pot is now bloated, and you are faced with a miniraise for another $20. You have a limit hand in a big NL pot.

Even if you suspect he has a draw, he could also have a set, two pair, KJ of spades, AQ, etc.

You are either already way behind, or you are slightly ahead if he has a decent draw. I don't think you can reraise the flop. And if you call the miniraise, there are a lot of cards on the turn that will make you hate your hand.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, how often do people raise flop with FDs? Should you do it and when? Do you think alot of players do it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on the player and the situation. As for when should you do it - not as a steady diet, but as a way to vary your play and spice up your life.

Be good,

Augie
Old 04-26-2007, 02:14 AM

Better off raising small pairs or even 56s rather than KQo in the blinds IMO. Just too easy to get trapped OOP in a dangerous dominated situation with this holding especially if you flop a pair.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:42 AM

preflop, I check KQo, raise KQs if you were OTB I think a raise with KQo is fine

flop I think its a fold