Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2007, 02:59 PM

Default probably standard..

no reads...'

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Button ($67.26)
SB ($25.45)
BB ($17.72)
UTG ($65.36)
Hero ($23.80)
CO ($24.50)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.10) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $2</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $4.10
Old 04-25-2007, 03:12 PM

Default Re: probably standard..

I usually raise donk bets like this, especially with a hand like JJ on this board. If you get called or raised, you're done, but for the most part you'll get villain to fold with a raise to $8 or so.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually raise donk bets like this, especially with a hand like JJ on this board. If you get called or raised, you're done, but for the most part you'll get villain to fold with a raise to $8 or so.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-25-2007, 03:15 PM

What is villians range here? I think I fold too much in these spots I just tell myself that no one folds TP in uNL and just fold.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:15 PM

do you never have someone donk bet into you with a 4 flush or oesd? i'd donk bet with a flopped set, but most villians seem to like to slow play those. i might also donk with aq. anyone else leaning towards a call here...maybe even a raise to 6 to see where you're at?
Old 04-25-2007, 03:24 PM

even if it is a donk bet, i think this is a fold most of the time. i'm not against raising this occasionally, but he's probably leading w/ something that is currently beating us, or has more equity than us. just b/c he's a donk doesn't mean he cant have hit something that he's trying to protect. now if he donkbets w/air . . .

also, i don't really consider it a donkbet to lead w/a set on a drawy board.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just tell myself that no one folds TP in uNL and just fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

With you on this. What kills me usually is the assumption that the donkbet means 'I have top pair' The truth is that is can sometimes mean 'I have bottom pair' [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Raise here - best option. Find out wtf is going on.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just tell myself that no one folds TP in uNL and just fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

With you on this. What kills me usually is the assumption that the donkbet means 'I have top pair' The truth is that is can sometimes mean 'I have bottom pair' [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Raise here - best option. Find out wtf is going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats why I said I think Im giving up too easily in these spots but on the other hand what is a reasonable range for a villian in this spot other than just "draw" or "some pair"

Getting donked into after raising pre is something I struggle with considering we miss the flop alot I am open to learning how to deal with these situations better than I currently am.

Is is safe to assume that if villian had a great hand they would c/r or c/c lead turn or something or is this too player dependent?
Old 04-25-2007, 03:36 PM

Depends on the villain. But usually at this level the donkbet means two things - 'I hit a piece of that' or 'I have a pocket pair and not all of those cards are over it'

Both of these conditions cause our villain to immediately fold to a raise - unless you are dealing with a station. Especially when you are dealing with a station that does not understand that PP != nuts.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:47 PM

i think raising in this spot is very player dependent b/c he doesn't even need a great hand to be ahead of you, just a Q. you need a strong read in order to know if your middle pair is ahead. on this particular board (and drawy boards in general), the bettor has a hand that is ahead of JJ the vast majority of the time. so i think you are basically pissing your money away by playing back more than a small % of the time. for me that small % is based on reads (and random attempts to diversify my play).

it's frustrating when good hands like this don't hold up on the flop, but when you ask yourself "how the **** can he bet into the pfr'er" you should usually realize that its b/c he has hit the flop. it would obviously be different if you had a better pp, but as is i think this should generally be folded.