Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2007, 06:33 AM

Default Jack high flush in a multiway pot

I was playing in a 9 handed 1/2 NL ring game with 200 max buy in and pretty weak players. Typical for these games.
Villian is a very strange opponent. He was a typical calling station and didn't ever consider raising. My second hand was TT on a 888 flop, he had KK and called the continuation bet from a EP-raiser. I also called and the turn gave me tens full. I value bet turn and river and he just called without an ace on the river. So my read was that he didn't know that he's allowed to raise even if he has the third nuts.
A few hands later, he want back from 500 to 110 and I had 240.
I'm in the SB and it was limped to me. I call with J6 of clubs, BB checks and 5 players see the flop which is:
T 6 3 all clubs. I check, everybody checks. Turn is the Ace of hearts. I make a pot sized bet, BB calls, MP calls and Villian in the CO makes it 40, it costs me 30 to call and he has about 70 left, I have them all covered.
Now the question: Is pushing terrible here? I had valuable tells on villian but I didn't look at him as the flop appeared so they were worthless. I knew that BB and MP had some sort of Ax, which means Top Pair or Two Pair. So it is highly likely that the Ace of clubs is out there and is drawing to the nut flush. But what does villian have here?
He didn't even consider raising with his kings full, why should he make this raise here with the flush? Either he's pretty weak or he is very strong. The problem is to define a fishy strong hand. He might think he got the nuts with trip aces, aces up or a small flush...
Calling shouldn't be an option, so I think it's push or fold.
What do you think?
Old 04-23-2007, 08:10 AM

Default Re: Jack high flush in a multiway pot

[ QUOTE ]
I call with J6 of clubs

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
flop is T 6 3 all clubs

[/ QUOTE ]

Rigged.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:59 AM

Default Re: Jack high flush in a multiway pot