Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: [censored]
Friend 33 53.23%
Foe 29 46.77%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-22-2007, 11:06 PM

Default UEFA Champions League - Semifinals

Should be two very good matches. I don't think there will be more than a goal in either.

Tuesday Manchester United hosts AC Milan. Wednesday Chelsea play at home against Liverpool.

Most people around here are going to want Manchester United to go through because they either like them or hate them (and want to setup a final with their preferred team of Liverpool and Chelsea). I don't think they have an easy road at all. AC are a solid team for this type of competition and they have the disadvantage of playing at home first. I don't see Milan folding as Roma did, nor do I see them sitting back as Roma did in the first leg after having the 2-1 lead. Having said that, Manchester United are the better side so it should be very close. I think Manchester United will win the first leg by a goal 1-0 or 2-1.

The other tie is similar actually. Liverpool is a team that plays better in this competition than they do domestically. They have a good defence and can lock a game down if need be. Chelsea have the better set of players, despite Gerrard, but have the disadvantage of playing at home first. I think Liverpool get a draw in the first leg, probably 0-0.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:31 PM

Default Re: UEFA Champions League - Semifinals

I'm a huge Liverpool fan, but I think Chelsea is obviously favourite in that one, but I would only put it @ 55-45. I do however think the winner of Liverpool/Chelsea should be a very heavy favourite over Man U in the final.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:34 PM

Anyone have a list of injured/suspended players for each team heading in? United, already without defenders Gary Neville (ankle), Nemanja Vidić (collarbone) and Mikaël Silvestre (shoulder). Essien is suspended for the 1st leg. Dida sounds questionable with a shoulder injury. Any other news out there with regards to the possible lineups?

Old 04-22-2007, 11:37 PM

well, anyone who's read these football threads over the past 18 months knows my ManU fandom, so obviously I think that we're gonna go through to the final. I both think and hope the final will be ManU-liverp**l. The scouse scum are good at cup competitions and as massive as a chelsea/manU final would be, a manU/scouse derby for the champions league final would be one of teh biggest matches of all time for the final

its not gonna be easy though for us to beat milan, but our form I think is just too good even with our injury problems
Old 04-22-2007, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone have a list of injured/suspended players for each team heading in? I see Rio is likely out for both legs, is Vidic back yet? Essien is suspended for the 1st leg. Dida sounds questionable with a shoulder injury. Any other news out there with regards to the possible lineups?

[/ QUOTE ]

Vidic is gone for the season and Saha may be fit for the FA Cup final and hopefully the champions league final. Neville should be back for the second leg. I'm not sure what kieran richardson's situation is at this time. I may be forgetting another injury or two
Old 04-22-2007, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Vidic is gone for the season and Saha may be fit for the FA Cup final and hopefully the champions league final. Neville should be back for the second leg. I'm not sure what kieran richardson's situation is at this time. I may be forgetting another injury or two

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah found a little more and edited my post. Dang, that's a banged up looking team. Who starts in defense then? Heinze, O'Shea, Brown, and...? Kaka might have a field day.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:06 AM

Kaka' will be a treat to watch in that game.

Part two I voted Milan-Chelsea.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah found a little more and edited my post. Dang, that's a banged up looking team. Who starts in defense then? Heinze, O'Shea, Brown, and...? Kaka might have a field day.

[/ QUOTE ]

patrice evra should be healthy, so he'll be in there. Yea, our back 4 is decimated right now, but, having silvestre out is more of a + then a -
Old 04-23-2007, 12:47 AM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

oh god a manu-liverpool final would be heavenly.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:40 AM

Rio out for two weeks.

I hope its AC-Pool so that neither Manure of Chelski win the treble.