Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2007, 09:05 AM

Default Some picks for today (possibly more to come)

I'm fairly new at sportsbetting so keep that in mind.
Been doing decent this past week and have decided to share a few picks. Here's some for today more to possibly come.

All picks are based off bodog lines (so better ones should be easy to come by)

MLB
Baseball - MLB (Game) Moneyline
NATIONAL LEAGUE
(954) New York Mets -118 3 units Sun@1:10p
Competitor: (953) Atlanta Braves

AMERICAN LEAGUE
(978) Los Angeles Angels -145 2 units Sun@3:35p
Competitor: (977) Seattle Mariners

AMERICAN LEAGUE
(976) Texas Rangers -110 5 units Sun@3:05p
Competitor: (975) Oakland Athletics

NBA
Basketball - NBA Lines (Game) Pointspread
NBA PLAYOFFS - Game #1
(511) Los Angeles Lakers +10½ 5 units Sun@3:00p
Competitor: (512) Phoenix Suns

More to come...
Old 04-22-2007, 09:22 AM

Default Re: Some picks for today (possibly more to come)

any reasoning?
Old 04-22-2007, 10:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
any reasoning?

[/ QUOTE ]

MLB
NATIONAL LEAGUE
(954) New York Mets -118 3 units Sun@1:10p
Competitor: (953) Atlanta Braves

They are at home, have Tom Glavine starting, and are coming off a win. I like their chances.

AMERICAN LEAGUE
(978) Los Angeles Angels -145 2 units Sun@3:35p
Competitor: (977) Seattle Mariners

Angels are rolling against the Mariners so far with a 2-0 series lead and Weaver on the mound for the Mariners is looking pretty shaky to start off this year.

AMERICAN LEAGUE
(976) Texas Rangers -110 5 units Sun@3:05p
Competitor: (975) Oakland Athletics

The Rangers are coming off a 7-0 win last night and I feel that the momentum is with them to close the series out at home.

NBA
Basketball - NBA Lines (Game) Pointspread
NBA PLAYOFFS - Game #1
(511) Los Angeles Lakers +10½ 5 units Sun@3:00p
Competitor: (512) Phoenix Suns

Well so far this season in there 6 meetings (Happy?) the Lakers have lost by an average of 3 points, and the biggest margin they lost by was 8. So long story short I don't think the Suns can outscore them by 11 (Kobe).

I'll try to add some more depth to my reasonings next time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-22-2007, 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well so far this season in there 5 meetings (6?)

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-22-2007, 10:11 AM

I don't understand why not all the same units - are you unsure?

You should either be 100% sure you will win or you should not bet. 1 unit max on all plays, otherwise a unit is meaningless.

From MY view - people that use more then one unit are playing for fun (wagerline players) and not profit.

Just my early morning thoughts.

For me I have 1 full unit or 1/2 unit because my system needs to have a starter with 3 starts - other sie it's preseason for Linebreaker.

for YOU it looks like 5 units should be 1 unit and 3 units should be 1/2 unit. Unless you and 7 unit and 2 unit plays (do you get my point?)
Old 04-22-2007, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You should either be 100% sure you will win or you should not bet. 1 unit max on all plays, otherwise a unit is meaningless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, that's one way to look at it. I am what could be classified as a recreational player. I just bet 1-5 units based on how much I like a line and have well over a 100 unit bankroll and just bet a flat unit. Chances are I don't know what i'm talking about but, whatever.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

From MY view - people that use more then one unit are playing for fun (wagerline players) and not profit.

Just my early morning thoughts.

For me I have 1 full unit or 1/2 unit because my system needs to have a starter with 3 starts - other sie it's preseason for Linebreaker.

for YOU it looks like 5 units should be 1 unit and 3 units should be 1/2 unit. Unless you and 7 unit and 2 unit plays (do you get my point?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd expect better than this from someone with 3000+ posts. This may well be the dumbest post I've read all year. I bolded the most egregious offense, but the rest of the post is pretty bad too. Does it really matter if you make 1 unit plays and 2 unit plays or .5 unit plays and 1 unit plays? Of course not. And there's nothing wrong with betting 5x your typical bet if you see a good edge either. Oh, and if you're ever "100% sure you're going to win", you shouldn't be betting one unit, you should be betting your whole bankroll.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And there's nothing wrong with betting 5x your typical bet if you see a good edge either.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are kidding right? I suppose you are all for martingale betting also?

As I said - you are correct - if you are a recreational better - sure go for it. If you are in this for the long hall and a smart handicapper - you bet 1 unit or nothing.

98% of handicappers are losers over the long run, why would you think you have a 5 unit bet in baseball - that is just insane and the sign of somebody that has not put in the years of sports wagering.

LetsGetItOn - I am not trying to insult your intelligence as you freely admit that this is rather new - but ANYBODY that has been sports wagering for the last 40 years will tell you that putting more then 1 unit on a play, ESPECIALLY baseball is like playing the inside of a craps table.

It's for losers.

Now if ALL of your plays are 5 units - then 5 units is REALLY 1 unit play right?

iggymcfly likes to play the 20 star game of the century style plays for 20 units I think! I think your post out dumbs my post by at least double LOL
Old 04-22-2007, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And there's nothing wrong with betting 5x your typical bet if you see a good edge either.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are kidding right? I suppose you are all for martingale betting also?

As I said - you are correct - if you are a recreational better - sure go for it. If you are in this for the long hall and a smart handicapper - you bet 1 unit or nothing.

98% of handicappers are losers over the long run, why would you think you have a 5 unit bet in baseball - that is just insane and the sign of somebody that has not put in the years of sports wagering.

LetsGetItOn - I am not trying to insult your intelligence as you freely admit that this is rather new - but ANYBODY that has been sports wagering for the last 40 years will tell you that putting more then 1 unit on a play, ESPECIALLY baseball is like playing the inside of a craps table.

It's for losers.

Now if ALL of your plays are 5 units - then 5 units is REALLY 1 unit play right?

iggymcfly likes to play the 20 star game of the century style plays for 20 units I think! I think your post out dumbs my post by at least double LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

There are certain bets for which your exact advantage can be mathematically determined. Suppose you find a prop bet with an ROI of 100%. Would you still bet 1 unit on it? I agree that some people go overboard and overbet their roll, but to say you would never consider betting more than a unit is bizarre. It's like saying a card counter should flat bet instead of betting an amount proportional to his edge.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:08 AM

Lets get it on- clearyly you have no idea what you are talking about and nobody realy cares about your picks

webster- you are really dumb