Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2007, 11:04 PM

Default The Mindless Protector

back story here: story here

i just don't understand the guys who try to stick up for their women under all circumstances. do these people have any brain power at all, or are they just mindless idiots acting only on instinct?

i completely understand defending your girlfriend or wife or whatever if someone is being a total [censored] to them for no reason. but, how do you let her walk around being a total bitch, and then try to kick anyone's ass who gets fed up with it?

first, i couldn't date/marry a woman who was typically a bitch vs. only being a bitch every once in a while. but, if she's obviously being rude and out of line, i'd honestly have no problem telling her. i'm not going to get mad at someone for writefully calling her out.

this chick is going to get this guy in a lot of trouble if he honestly tries to fight everyone that she pisses off. good luck to him.

so, do you defend your woman regardless of fault, or are you a reasonably logical human being?
Old 04-21-2007, 11:25 PM

Default Re: The Mindless Protector

great post man, i love the title.

my take on it is yeah they are pretty much one step up (if that) from cavemen. there's a reason those two are together, you know.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:09 AM

In a lot of cases like the one linked in B&M, they're not protectors, they're partners in crime. There's something sort of special when two wonderful people find each other, when two total asshats get together it's just as rare. These people deserve each other, and probably have angry sex on a regular basis, so just let them be mindlessly miserable.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:22 AM

I'm fairly sure that checking it down HU isn't illegal and that you didn't really need to comment on it. Calling her a bitch out loud was pretty classless as well (even if she was being a bitch, which she clearly was, you don't need to announce it to everyone within earshot) and you def. stooped to her level.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:43 AM

Oh, and I wouldn't put up with a random schmuck calling my girlfriend a bitch either. I also wouldn't put up with a bitch girlfriend, but hey, different strokes for different folks.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:27 AM

perfect example
Old 04-24-2007, 12:51 PM

rag,

Here's the problem which makes this not quite as clear cut as one might like it to be.

There are certain women who tend to get into conflicts pretty easily. A lot of times the people on the other side disagree and get a little heated, in which case it is usually possible to just calm everyone down and get the situation resolved without any escalation. But other times, the person on the other side escalates things to a level of rudeness where you are now simply defending the person from that remark.

That's a good reason why I mainly just try to avoid hanging out w/ women who are all about creating drama.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
perfect example

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell were all those people standing around for when this guy is getting beat down like that? I would have pounded that fat piece of shiooot.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:44 PM

I think the BandM example is pretty piss poor, both parties werent handling themselves correctly. But, I know the chicks you are talkng about, hell I hang out with a few, I am all for "protecting the fairer sex", Im a little more backwards than most probably, but when they are being completely rude, and out of control bitches for no other reason than to feed their ego, the easiest thing is to just laugh at them and roll your eyes, and tell them to settle the [censored] down and you are not in the mood to cause pointless drama.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm fairly sure that checking it down HU isn't illegal and that you didn't really need to comment on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

in the hand posted in the OP that is clearly collusion.

If checking it down HU all the time was cool, would it be OK for the husband to raise right behind the wife, knowing he was gonna check it down?

[ QUOTE ]

Calling her a bitch out loud was pretty classless as well (even if she was being a bitch, which she clearly was, you don't need to announce it to everyone within earshot) and you def. stooped to her level.

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally don't think this is classless, but its definitely not something you should have done in the situation. In spots like this you gotta play by the rules. If you had maintained your composure, not gotten involved in name-calling, showed that they were terribly annoying at the table and showed that what they were doing was collusion, they would have had absolutely no case against you.

As it was, you gave them a case against you. Admittedly, a [censored] one, but also one that a LOT of people will buy into.

-----

totally agree about the OP though, it is absurd that guys will threaten people that disagree with their girlfriends who are obviously in the wrong.

As for the pizza beating link, the boyfriend probably got into it because the other guy got in his girlfriend's face. If the other guy had ignored her [censored], or at least have been calmer, he wouldn't have gotten his ass beat. I would guess that the dude in the video also said some things that he regrets saying, even if he was in the right. That guy, like OP here, lost out because he didn't play by the rules. He shouldn't have, and it sucks that he did, but come on man. Be smart. All that said, WTF at the other people not jumping in to save him.