Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2007, 09:54 PM

Default Detoxifying

I searched, but did not find.

Anyway, I have convinced myself that I require some sort of detoxification. No, I am not shooting dope again, you scamps!

Anyway, it's impossible to get any reliable information online anymore, as all "reviews" and whatnot are all just not-so-thinly-veiled advertising.

So what better place than OOT to come to find out how best to eliminate parasites and, uh, excess fecal matter, and, well...umm, all of the other stuff that's stuck to the sides of my intestines, and, ummm...you know, like up in my urethra and like in my brainpan and, you know...like in my duodenum?

I am besieged with Dr. Natura products when I do searches. Are either one (Colonix, Toxinout) worth a damn?

For what it's worth, I do not eat fast or junk food. I do not smoke cigarettes anymore, don't do drugs (anymore), and get at least a bit of exercise (fifteen minutes elliptical every AM, golf, lots of walking, etc.), and am maybe five pounds overweight, tops.

Help me out. I know you guys are smart.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:20 PM

Default Re: Detoxifying

Most of the stuff you'll find is a joke. Drink lots of water and don't eat crap food and you shouldn't have anything to worry about.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:36 PM

The Dr. Natura stuff that is their colon cleanser stuff -- not the business where you see pictures of long chain links of brown stuff people say they pooped out, is okay but overpriced. You can get vats of the stuff cheaper at Costco. Their Paramil worm cleanser worked for me though. I used it and saw a worm crawling down the bowl. Flatworm or pinworm, I forget. It was creepy as hell. Of course, I was on LSD at the time. Just kidding! Anyway, it resulted in expelling a real life form, so I'll vouch for that.

Klompy is right that drinking lots of water is one of the best things you can do.

As for stuff staying in your intestines (gum staying there for 10 years, that kind of story), it doesn't.

Get yourself some psyllium husks anywhere, and you will have added fiber that makes pooping much easier, especially if you drink some water too. They're cheap, a near universal ingredient in these kinds of things when legit, and don't need a brand name to them.

But even better than putting stuff that seems a little odd in your body to "get toxins out" is just putting more natural good stuff there in the first place, along with the roughage that comes along with for free. Most people don't eat nearly enough fruits and vegetables, and when they do, often eat them when they've been cooked to mush and lose a lot of what's good about them. Make fresh fruits and vegetables a substantial part of your diet, including snacking, and you'll probably feel a lot lighter and cleaner fairly quickly.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:37 PM

all that stuff is total bunk. drink lots of water, exercise, and eat a healthy balanced diet.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:39 PM

Colonix
Old 04-21-2007, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Colonix

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what we call "Marketing to retards".
Old 04-21-2007, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Their Paramil worm cleanser worked for me though. I used it and saw a worm crawling down the bowl. Flatworm or pinworm, I forget. It was creepy as hell. Of course, I was on LSD at the time. Just kidding! Anyway, it resulted in expelling a real life form, so I'll vouch for that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok wtf is this? I take my cat to the vet and everytime they ask me if I want dewormer for him. I go to the doctor and he never offers me the stuff. I assumed the chance of me having worms was low. Now I'm messed in the head. I got worms?!
Old 04-21-2007, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Their Paramil worm cleanser worked for me though. I used it and saw a worm crawling down the bowl. Flatworm or pinworm, I forget. It was creepy as hell. Of course, I was on LSD at the time. Just kidding! Anyway, it resulted in expelling a real life form, so I'll vouch for that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok wtf is this? I take my cat to the vet and everytime they ask me if I want dewormer for him. I go to the doctor and he never offers me the stuff. I assumed the chance of me having worms was low. Now I'm messed in the head. I got worms?!

[/ QUOTE ]Both people and cats(I think dogs can too?) get worms, but I'm pretty sure they're all different types. Actually, a few months ago I had pinworms, wasn't a fun time at all. You usually get them by eating food with the worm eggs on it, and you can even inhale them too. Usually you can see small thread/cotton-like white things in your [censored], and you'll know you have them. I'm pretty sure they're more common in younger kids/teenagers though, so I wouldn't worry too much.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I searched, but did not find.

Anyway, I have convinced myself that I require some sort of detoxification.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you missing your liver and kidneys?
Old 04-22-2007, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
all that stuff is total bunk. drink lots of water, exercise, and eat a healthy balanced diet.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, psyllium husks are accepted and recommended by doctors to get the poop out.

All props to a healthy balanced diet, of course. Especially if that diet isn't 80% bacon, as OOT seems to think it is.